Official playing old games thread

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
But I accidentally handed the blind guy the special skeleton killing dagger I needed and he ran off. So essentially I made it to the final boss but didn't have what I needed GOD DAMMIT

Huh always wanted to play that game back in the day. Really liked the movie.. Kevin Costner made a terrible Robin Hood with his American accent but the movie was a lot of fun.

But I accidentally handed the blind guy the special skeleton killing dagger I needed and he ran off. So essentially I made it to the final boss but didn't have what I needed GOD DAMMIT
Why did you subject yourself to the torture that is that game?

I wonder how many people are currently playing Robin Hood on NES

Huh always wanted to play that game back in the day. Really liked the movie.. Kevin Costner made a terrible Robin Hood with his American accent but the movie was a lot of fun.

The worst offence was Maid Marian. Who cast this ugly wench?
-Mary-Elizabeth-Mastrantonio-as-Maid-Marian-robin-hood-prince-of-thieves-6251488-320-240.gif

The worst offence was Maid Marian. Who cast this ugly wench?
-Mary-Elizabeth-Mastrantonio-as-Maid-Marian-robin-hood-prince-of-thieves-6251488-320-240.gif

lol - agreed (now). I actually thought she was pretty when I watched this as a child. But what did I really know back then. guess they casted her for acting talent...

Happy that this thread has really taken off.

Anway, I didn't want to play through that shitty game again so fuck it I'll just count it as a win. Not sure what to play next.

Happy that this thread has really taken off.

Anway, I didn't want to play through that shitty game again so fuck it I'll just count it as a win. Not sure what to play next.

Try Rambo for NES. I got this game along with Punch Out and Super Mario/Duck Hunt, for Christmas in 1988 and I didn't beat it until 1995. It's known by most as a shitty game, but it is still one of my favorites.

Try Rambo for NES. I got this game along with Punch Out and Super Mario/Duck Hunt, for Christmas in 1988 and I didn't beat it until 1995. It's known by most as a shitty game, but it is still one of my favorites.

Thanks for the lead. I'm on it!

Feel free to talk about Grandia III in here, too. Let this be your retro Nintendo thread.

Sounds like maybe you bought that Nintendo Mini Retro console? Or have you recently discovered emulation?

Feel free to talk about Grandia III in here, too. Let this be your retro Nintendo thread.

Sounds like maybe you bought that Nintendo Mini Retro console? Or have you recently discovered emulation?
Officials official retro thread lol

I was trying to find the end screen and post it here to show you what you misssed out on, but it's not showing up in google images, so apparently nobody has ever beaten it.

Let me know how it goes.

Alright, I could actually see myself getting into this game (Rambo) if I traveled back in time to my youth. It's a terrible game, but it also has that terrible game charm to it just like Robin Hood does.

I'm guessing I'm a little less than halfway through it. Rambo looks like he is wearing yoga pants and jumps around way too enthusiastically. The controls are awkward (pressing Up to talk to people?) and fighting even the most basic enemies is challenging if you are using just the knife. Luckily it seems like it gives you quite a bit of 'hit power' or whatever, but then again I am using cheats because I don't have the energy to get good at any of these games anymore.

The facial expressions of everyone, especially Rambo, are goofy but it makes it funny.

I dont' remember hearing about this game at all as a kid.

Can you change the title of this thread to THE OFFICIAL NES GAME THREAD

Back