All-time greatest white boxer?

Its just a cultural, political thing here in the US. Genetically, Ward is probably more of a white guy than a black guy considering his dads basically pure Irish-american and his mom, like most African Americans, probably has a significant amount of European ancestry (10-30% on avg.). its really not even worth stressing as emotions tend to cloud fact and reason on these types of subjects.

I'm of Puerto Rican descent and though i look mostly like your run of the mill Sicilian or Spaniard I still get the one drop thing from one camp or the other depending on:
the person doing the judging, how i'm wearing my hair, and whether i'm sporting a tan or not. LoL.

A contemporary boxing example is Danny Garcia. I've heard stories from him and his pops talking about how he used to be singled out for being a "white boy" back when he was younger and wore his hair out. And now that he's got a fade and has bodied some people he gets the light skin treatment, even compared to Klay Thompson in terms of his looks.

Americans just like putting people in boxes, i guess.

PS. Ward is definitely black tho ;)

Awwee shiieet!!

upload_2020-1-13_2-50-30.gif

Sometimes I think Danny and pops complain about the rejection they get but sometimes it’s like they have it coming. Just went through Christmas and New Years etc I have him and his moms on snapchat, all this partying and not once did I hear Jibaro Music for christmas...

upload_2020-1-13_2-54-12.gif

Awwee shiieet!!

View attachment 709647

Sometimes I think Danny and pops complain about the rejection they get but sometimes it’s like they have it coming. Just went through Christmas and New Years etc I have him and his moms on snapchat, all this partying and not once did I hear Jibaro Music for christmas...

View attachment 709649

I hear you. That's pretty sad considering his pops is from there, iirc. It's not Christmas or "the holidays" in my family without the three kings, jibaro music, and coquito. You'd think Danny would at least even learn some Spanish if for no other reason than to tap into that market place, smh, but they don't seem to care. But anyway, as Danny likes to say, It is what it is.

Wladimir Kiltschko doesn't even make the list? The man went 65 - 5 over a 21 year career and held titles from 1998 until 2015. Dude had one hell of a career.

I hear you. That's pretty sad considering his pops is from there, iirc. It's not Christmas or "the holidays" in my family without the three kings, jibaro music, and coquito. You'd think Danny would at least even learn some Spanish if for no other reason than to tap into that market place, smh, but they don't seem to care. But anyway, as Danny likes to say, It is what it is.
Awwee shiieet!!

View attachment 709647

View attachment 709649

I love you PR mf'ers. Tus mujeres son caliente af. Mi favorito. :). Great fighting heritage esp for such a small island. You guys are hardcore.

Word bro my old man makes the coquito for all my cousins and friends lmao and ironically he doesn’t drink a drop of alcohol but that coquito is insane, he makes it with pitorro.

I guess Danny embraces it in his own lazy half assed way, you can tell it hurts him when he gets rejected, people can be cruel and they roast the shit out of him every time he tries to speak spanish lmao. Good kid though I’d blame the parents hahaha.

I love you PR mf'ers. Tus mujeres son caliente af. Mi favorito. :). Great fighting heritage esp for such a small island. You guys are hardcore.

Thanks bro haha... also half Dominican so yeah another spicy ass island lmao. PR is in crisis right now, hopefully the kids stop fucking around trying to be the new thuggish reggaeton star and follow ball and boxing as much as before.

I'll consider light skinned, "bi-racial" guys like Ward "white" when they get treated by society like they're white.
But nah, a guy like Ward got shat on for stuff that White boxers never would be, not given a fair shake. Someone like Kovalev meanwhile says all types of nasty shit, does all kinds of thug shit like beating the shit out of women, and boxing fans barely say anything about that.
I wouldn't argue with that, society is still pretty prejudice. I think it depends on where you are from though because Kovalev probably isn't considered as bad in Russia where they have more of an issue with beating up women. But scientifically Ward is most likely more white than black but I doubt the racists would agree with that.

Back