Tech All things Unreal Engine 5

This is an amazing video about using the Unreal Engine in architecture to realize an architects 50 year old vision on a Montreal Worlds Fair project that was never completed to achieve his vision at least in a virtual sense. Fun fact how much the cost of construction has changed in the 60's the project would have cost 45 million in todays dollars almost a 1/2 a billion dollars. You can download the executable they provide the link to walk through it virtually.

I would time-stamp this at 12m 30s for Arcade readership, bud. Very few will sit for video duration in addition to the long-winded pacing in run-up to the point tech comes into play.

I would time-stamp this at 12m 30s for Arcade readership, bud. Very few will sit for video duration in addition to the long-winded pacing in run-up to the point tech comes into play.
OK made the change to bad it's an amazing video and explains the whole reason and inspiration for the project.

Another great video on it.

Some amazing unreal engine stuff.

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif

Imagine playing Doom, Mortal Kombat, or Resident Evil with that level of realism..

waiting-family-guy.gif
This is precisely what I think when watching. So immersive I can’t wrap my head around it.

Imagine stealth through bamboo as a wronged shinobi and you’re feeling the bamboo shoots push back as you crouch through, readying your smoke bomb and seeing the veins in leaves shrouding you. Life or death turned up to 11. UE5 is the way.

Short movie made from Unreal engine.

Pretty impressive... Think of games in the near future looking this real.

I heard that Capcom's RE engine has an amazing ability to photo-scan real objects & faces and put them into games seamlessly.

That's the main reason how Capcom has been firing out so many RE games within a short timeframe.

RE7
RE2make
RE3make
RE8 Village
RE4make

Rather than thousands of in-game items that must be designed from scratch, this cuts game development.... significantly.

Anybody know if Unreal Engine 5 has the same ability?

This right here is why I don't play horror games.
I absolutely feel this. Seeing enviro at this level and imagining a guy chasing you to try and kill you is just...WTF. That's less gaming and more worry sim, lol.

I heard that Capcom's RE engine has an amazing ability to photo-scan real objects & faces and put them into games seamlessly.

That's the main reason how Capcom has been firing out so many RE games within a short timeframe.

RE7
RE2make
RE3make
RE8 Village
RE4make

Rather than thousands of in-game items that must be designed from scratch, this cuts game development.... significantly.

It's got an add on called Metahuman that does stuff like this and you can even run it off an iPhone

RE7
RE2make
RE3make
RE8 Village
RE4make

The RE engine is smooth as hell too. I've played every game made it in it on four different systems, ranging in power/OS from my laptop, to Steam Deck, to older 1080ti and newer 3080 computers. Every game ran flawlessly.

I've had lots of performance issues with Unreal Engine games over the years.

Back