All things being equal, the UFC mostly delivers the fights we want to see. Compared to boxing, it's lightyears better.

It's easier to make fights when 500k-1million are considered massive paydays for MMA fighters

One massive reason for this though is because mma fighters are company men, they are willing to bow down to their boss and take what they are given.
Boxers are their own bosses.

Here though TS is calling that record padding even though the real record padding is just throwing together whatever fight you want to make like the UFC can.
It can be that. It doesn’t have to be though

No, I absolutely agree that boxing is full of rampant bullshit. Doubtful they will be able to correct that either.

But any integrity Dana had went out the window long ago. When he was building the organization, he did care. Rankings did matter. The value of being a belt holder meant something. The UFC was fun and exciting, and events were just that. Now, Dana is just dialing it in, and he doesn't give a shit about anyone. What other sports organization leader(s) flat out lie to his own fans and media?

That dude is the new Mr. (jacked up) Burns, and the UFC is a stale product compared to what it used to be.
it’s like the difference between totalitarianism and anarchy. i choose the former, but maybe we need a better dictator.

The Saudis are starting to really improve HW boxing matchups, at least getting top contenders to fight each other due to the power of $$$
Are they? They just gave us two different top 3 boxers against a guy who was 0-0 and 0-1, none of them fighting each other, and the one good matchup they've tried has been reschedule twice now.

The UFC guys, even at the top dont have choices, sure they can vacate the belt, Conor did, but him, Jones and probably GSP are the only guys that could carry a PPV, getting paid PPV money without any belt on the line, sure there have been a few PPV´s here and there with other names, in boxing Canelo could be fighting guys left and right, for no belts and still sell, fight unknown guys for a belt, or no belt, and still sell, you saw this not long ago, twice, probably not great on PPV, but 2 of the biggest names fought an unranked guy, for no belts for a lot of money, someone paid for that, that doesnt happen in MMA.

-Boxers are not limited to in-promotion only opponents.
-Boxers name are worth way more than the belts, by a lot, they vacate belts if some mandatory fight is not in their best interests, happens quite often actually.

There are probably more reasons, but thats why it doesnt happen in boxing, they control their career and the promoter is just an employee, in MMA its the other way around it.

Boxing is too corrupt straight to you face. UFC isn’t far behind tho. Lately I have stopped paying for the subscription that let me watch all the ppv for $25 a month. All sports have declined.

Yes, U Fight Cheap champions will beg to get brutally knocked out in boxing to escape the plantation and it's boxing that has the problem.

Both models suck ass. But boxing is by far the lesser of two evils because at least boxers can get paid.

UFC definitely delivers the fights fans want. I can’t wait for McGregor vs Chandler at 185 pounds or Jon Jones vs 49 year old Stipe.

UFC definitely delivers the fights fans want. I can’t wait for McGregor vs Chandler at 185 pounds or Jon Jones vs 49 year old Stipe.
Just because they give us fights we don't want doesn't mean they aren't giving us fights we want. We get multiple dream matches every year.

Betting and putting together draft kings card is part of the game. Ufc puts on so many events with 12 or more fights every event.. Boxing isn't coming back.

Boxing is still more popular globally than MMA. You don't want to hear it, but it's true.

I don’t really keep up with boxing. I know a few names and keep up with them.

Personally, I think it’s just preference.

But I still tune in for the best boxers or whatever free fights are on. Still a beautiful sport to watch even if you don’t know the names of the fighters.

I would agree with you if the UFC still cared about rankings. Or belts.

UFC is boxing now, you know... that sport that Dana always railed on against. Those days are long gone. It's been the same merry-go-round of challengers at WW and MW (examples) for the past what? 3, 4, 5 years now? It is 100% sales driven and merit or accomplishments fall by the wayside. How many examples do you need of the UFC ignoring rightful challengers in the past decade?

Champ is hurt? Create an interim belt. Champ won't defend? It's okay. I mean, it's okay if it's Conor, or Jones. Anyone else is getting stripped. The UFC does nothing to eliminate double standards or queue jumpers.

Champs seem to fight once a year now, and only seem interested in two-belt shit. Calling out people they will or could NEVER fight. Who was that fighter who called out that Trans swimmer post fight? If you think that is because he doesn't like cheaters, okay, but that seemed like someone frustrated with the state of things. Contenders have a hard enough time trying to rise in the ranks, but if the ranks don't actually mean anything than what's the fucking point? Poatan is a fucking blessing at this point.

Sorry, the UFC is getting fucking ridiculous. Topuria, never defended, says no FW are worthy and wants Islam or Conor. Makhachev is more interested in Edwards than defending against an actual LW. Belal can't get a title fight to save his life. DDP only wants to fight Adesanya in SA, on his own terms.

The fans don't want Jones vs. Miocic. Dana does, Jones does, Miocic apparently does, but do the fans? No. Most want him to fight Aspinall. The fans want Conor to fight, Conor says he wants to fight, Dana says Conor will fight when he's ready, and Conor says the UFC is stalling him, so really... who's cockblocking who? If it comes down to a "Who's lying?" between Dana and Conor, sorry, I'm probably going to side with history and go with the kid who only lies half the time.,

The UFC doesn't give a shit about the fans, or the integrity of the sport anymore. They want the fans' money. Just as how the UFC has always done. When you are no longer of any value to them, buh bye.
<WellThere>

That's kind of true but there's still a lil bit of bs in UFC.

Like we've definitely watched McGregor and O'Malley get favorable matchmaking and career-building boosts because of their charisma & potential starpower.

If we're talking about pure sport integrity, that shouldn't have happened.

there's no major sport that isn't corrupt beyond belief though. i still believe UFC is the least corrupt. why? because it doesn't have the money the NFL/NBA/Boxing does. people think more money will give us better fighters which might be true, but it will DEFINITELY bring in more corruption. why? because it's human nature to cheat and find the easiest way to the cheese. the fighters might get better, but literally every other position in the sport will now be open to corruption.

that's just how the world works unfortunately. the more money is in it the higher the chance of criminals trying to exploit it.

No, I absolutely agree that boxing is full of rampant bullshit. Doubtful they will be able to correct that either.

But any integrity Dana had went out the window long ago. When he was building the organization, he did care. Rankings did matter. The value of being a belt holder meant something. The UFC was fun and exciting, and events were just that. Now, Dana is just dialing it in, and he doesn't give a shit about anyone. What other sports organization leader(s) flat out lie to his own fans and media?

That dude is the new Mr. (jacked up) Burns, and the UFC is a stale product compared to what it used to be.

and this guy's post adds to my point. when the UFC was struggling, it was better. because the money wasn't in the sport yet. Dana and the Ferttitas were trying to turn it into a money making business so they had to care, they had to WORK. they had to try to legitimize the sport. now that the money is ALL in UFC, Dana doesn't care because the money has already been made. it's human nature to get lazy when you're comfortable, and it's human nature to try your best when times are hard. there's no going back to how it was before because in order to do that you need WME/IMG to dump it, and all the money to leave it and start all over again with some other "Dana White" rebuilding it.

Yeah, just like Jones vs Stipe. I'm fucking sick of their shit. The sparring sessions at the Apex, constantly makijg fights going off popularity alone. The UFC has slowly but steadily gone down in quality. I've been watching more and more boxing as of late because of it.

The UFC isn't MMA though. Are we getting Vadim Nemkov vs Alex Peieira anytime soon? Will Patchy Mix fight O'Malley? Is a UFC guy the next person fighting Ngannou?

When you think about it the top guys in MMA do not really fight each other. The top guys in boxing eventually do. Not all the best fighters are in the UFC.

I will always follow boxing to some degree because its what I grew up with and I think the absolute best fights tend to be better than the best fights in MMA or any other combat sport.

But yeah, obviously MMA is a much better sport overall. Both in terms of how its run (from a fans perspective, not so much a fighters) and in terms of its average entertainment value. I also think its just the most interesting and meaningful ruleset for deciding who the best fighters really are.

Back