All the guys with the Joe Rogan’s “compromised” legs won last Saturday…can someone please get him to SU??

Rogan's obsession with leg kicks is a great example of how lost he's become with this sport. Leg kicks are overrated. They seldom lead to a fight finish, especially in comparison to head strikes and submissions. Even body shots are more prevalent than leg kick finishes.

It's pretty obvious, too, but Rogan loves to hype up the subtle stuff that he seems to believe no one notices. To the point where he misses the glaringly obvious observations because he has his magnifying glass set to fighter thighs.

I actually know Joe Rogan TS so I will shoot him a text message and let him know for you.

I called Rogan going to his same ol one liner "oh he's hurt". He literally didn't even go one full round of the event without saying it. First fight I put on, round 1 he goes to the go to, all the while dude shows no sign of being hurt.

Rogan is so much worse than he used to be

The problem is that he's getting worse with time and injects false narratives into a lot of the fights.

Like at one point he said Gaethje was wobbled again when Max had barely touched him.

Or you'll watch a replay and he will be like "he hits him right here!......Oh no, right here" and what he says doesn't necessarily reflect what's on the screen.

The guy has completely lost it and should just stick to his podcast.
So true. He was fixated on Jiri’s “disdain” for Rakic too.

Joe’s voice alone kills me. My ears are instantly compromised. It’s not just what he says. The sound is actually irritating to me.

Rogan is an blowhard and an idiot, but he wasn't wrong about Max getting his leg chewed up:

- by round 2, Max was doing his best to check the low kicks and was obviously wary of them
- after the fight, Max actually commented on how Gaethje 'kicks like a mule'

Same for Jiri.

A guy whose leg is compromised can still win a fight. Khabib was also very close to being in a pickle vs Gaethje but pulled off the win.

Rogan is an blowhard and an idiot, but he wasn't wrong about Max getting his leg chewed up:

- by round 2, Max was doing his best to check the low kicks and was obviously wary of them
- after the fight, Max actually commented on how Gaethje 'kicks like a mule'

Same for Jiri.

A guy whose leg is compromised can still win a fight. Khabib was also very close to being in a pickle vs Gaethje but pulled off the win.
This is true, but Rogan acted like their legs no longer worked AT ALL. Like they were O'Malley vs. Chito level bad, or that one more leg kick would end the fight.

He was 100% objectively wrong and the outcomes show this.

He should just say "fighter x has landed some good leg kicks and there's some swelling, we'll have to see if that impacts Fighter Ys movement as the fight goes on."

Rogan's obsession with leg kicks is a great example of how lost he's become with this sport. Leg kicks are overrated. They seldom lead to a fight finish, especially in comparison to head strikes and submissions. Even body shots are more prevalent than leg kick finishes.

It's pretty obvious, too, but Rogan loves to hype up the subtle stuff that he seems to believe no one notices. To the point where he misses the glaringly obvious observations because he has his magnifying glass set to fighter thighs.
Marco Ruas vs Paul Varelans must have traumatized Joe…both mentally and sexually.

Eh it’s his job to spew the narratives. Narratives and adversity faced make fights memorable

I've never thought about it like that before, but you're completely right. It's hilarious when the guy he's fixating on loses, like Bryce Mitchell against Topuria.

I'd just like to say that I noticed also he called Jiri's leg "toast" and similarly I've noticed Paul Felder refer to someone's leg as "trash" in the past after taking serious leg kicks (Might have been Paulo Costa vs Izzy but don't quote me). People overcome adversity to win fights all the time, and these disrespectful slang phrases referring to a damaged leg in a fight really rub me the wrong way. It's like they want to show off they are MMA psychics or something.

Please.

Toe Hogan is so painfully awful to listento and he says the leg kick stuff with such all knowing arrogance that i want to low kick the TV.

Please, Dana, Lorenzo, ESPN and ESPN +, DC, Dom, Jeff Blatnick…somebody get this little man to stop torturing the fans with “that leg is already compromised badly”….5 rounds later, it’s still fine.
Nah I like the comebtary. Just turn it off if you don’t like it dog. Don’t you ever even think about the effect you have when you open your mouth like that?

Please.

Toe Hogan is so painfully awful to listento and he says the leg kick stuff with such all knowing arrogance that i want to low kick the TV.

Please, Dana, Lorenzo, ESPN and ESPN +, DC, Dom, Jeff Blatnick…somebody get this little man to stop torturing the fans with “that leg is already compromised badly”….5 rounds later, it’s still fine.

I'm with you!

Actually 300 wasn't the worst example of it, but there was one match where basically one leg kick he was already waffling on about leg compromization.

He's such a drama queen.

I'm gonna write to him and tell him that all body blows are basically liver softeners, and send him some 'science' and we can listen to him babbling about the fight ending liver punch that's right around the corner every single fight.

I've never thought about it like that before, but you're completely right. It's hilarious when the guy he's fixating on loses, like Bryce Mitchell against Topuria.
Good example. Another weird one was Makachev vs Dober. Rogan talking about how Dober is 'possibly the most underrated fighter in ufc history' or something like that. Islam took him down every round and subbed him in the 3rd I believe. So... why did Rogan push all that stuff? It all equated to him being extra wrong, and unnecessarily as well lol.

Back