All the dissing aside, let's talk about boxing rules

209NickDiaz

Gold Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well I'm not a boxing fan so there's some rules I'm not sure whether it's legal or not, can Conor exploit things like the following?

1. Every time when Conors is in danger pretend a slip or knockdown then go to the ground. How many times can he do it per round?

2. Accidental trips, would point be deducted?

3. Accidental clash of the legs, how would this be treated

4. Lifting Floyd up during the clinch, like double leg takedown, is that against the rules?

Any other exploits we might see Conor do?

Well I'm not a boxing fan so there's some rules I'm not sure whether it's legal or not, can Conor exploit things like the following?

1. Every time when Conors is in danger pretend a slip or knockdown then go to the ground. How many times can he do it per round?

4. Lifting Floyd up during the clinch, like double leg takedown, is that against the rules?

I don't know if the three knockdown rule is in effect (I think it should be mandatory) but he would lose if it were 3 times in a round. Wouldn't even need to be in the same round, if he were fucking around like that ref would call it I'd say.

Most other fouls you'll generally get away with one or two before they start deducting points, unless Floyd is hurt then it might be called.

He would get warned up to three times probably for any of those infractions. After that, the ref can start taking points. If that doesn't change his behavior the ref can call DQ and stop the fight.

Only a fooking retard would persist after a second warning.

Fouls you can usually get away with in boxing the first time or discretely:

-Holding with one arm and hitting with the other (in the clinch) facing away from the ref
-Hitting the hip or thigh or groin facing away from the ref
-Sticking your head in the other guy's face on the inside
-Leaving your hand outstretched an extra second to hold their head in place or halt them as you retreat
-Shoulder bumping and pushing
-Using the lead forearm-elbow to maneuver the head or push on the inside

I don't know if the three knockdown rule is in effect (I think it should be mandatory) but he would lose if it were 3 times in a round. Wouldn't even need to be in the same round, if he were fucking around like that ref would call it I'd say.

Most other fouls you'll generally get away with one or two before they start deducting points, unless Floyd is hurt then it might be called.

It's not. If he takes more than 3 knees in less than 2 rounds, the ref would be waving the fight off, though, as it shows he clearly doesn't want to be there.

lmao @ accidental clash of legs

Some famous fouls:

MAY14.gif

untitled-106-2-570.jpg

nmn634.gif

DefensiveFinishedHectorsdolphin.gif

FluidApprehensiveIndigowingedparrot.gif

giphy.gif

amir_khan_microcosm.gif

khan_holding_hitting_medium.gif

X6YLw5.gif

Last edited:
Good one, so what happens in each case? Just a warning?

In most of them, yes. In the ones with the lead hand using head control, only Hopkins if I remember right. With Khan you can see that it depends on what side the ref is on.

Couple of things:

1) If Conor plays dirty, Floyd will stop carrying him, and proceed to KHTFO. That's a guarantee. Floyd will be happy to carry Conor the distance, but if Conor fucks around, it'll get embarrassing.

2) I expect that the ref will be extra vigilant of Conor's conduct, he'll be EXPECTING fouls since he's coming from an mma background. You might think that's unfair, but it is very likely that TMT will have sensitized the ref to Conor's actions.

In most of them, yes. In the ones with the lead hand using head control, only Hopkins if I remember right. With Khan you can see that it depends on what side the ref is on.
Just to clarify, the op said accidental clash of legs. Contradiction of terms as it doesn't happen in boxing so would be intended is results in a DQ. Which is what I actually bet on. I can see it tho. Conor keeps one eye on executing the 'accidental' leg clash and gets knocked out. ;))

Fouls you can usually get away with in boxing the first time or discretely:

-Holding with one arm and hitting with the other (in the clinch) facing away from the ref
-Hitting the hip or thigh or groin facing away from the ref
-Sticking your head in the other guy's face on the inside
-Leaving your hand outstretched an extra second to hold their head in place or halt them as you retreat
-Shoulder bumping and pushing
-Using the lead forearm-elbow to maneuver the head or push on the inside

literally all things minus the hitting groin part, that Floyd is legitimately a master at. Lol. Good luck trying to figure out the nuances of boxing facing the best one of this generation in your first fight. I've said it since the get go, Conor has a punchers chance. His only method of winning is landing a nuclear left and hoping it ends the night. If not, he will be badly outboxed especially after round 6.

literally all things minus the hitting groin part, that Floyd is legitimately a master at. Lol. Good luck trying to figure out the nuances of boxing facing the best one of this generation in your first fight. I've said it since the get go, Conor has a punchers chance. His only method of winning is landing a nuclear left and hoping it ends the night. If not, he will be badly outboxed especially after round 6.

Yeah Floyd is a master at "dirty" fighting in the clinch.

Couple of things:

1) If Conor plays dirty, Floyd will stop carrying him, and proceed to KHTFO. That's a guarantee. Floyd will be happy to carry Conor the distance, but if Conor fucks around, it'll get embarrassing.

2) I expect that the ref will be extra vigilant of Conor's conduct, he'll be EXPECTING fouls since he's coming from an mma background. You might think that's unfair, but it is very likely that TMT will have sensitized the ref to Conor's actions.
Wow there's hope for this forum after all. Well done.

Back