All Eyez on Me ( Movie Discussion)

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing All Eyez on Me and my takeaway is......What the Fuck was that?

It was almost like a straight to TV movie that somehow got a nationwide release. Seriously it makes Notorious look like an Oscar caliber film. The acting is really sub par, the story is all over the place ( and not even really accurate in some cases). Listen I get in these type of biopics you have to bend the truth about certain stuff ( Straight Outta Compton was a good film but I giggled every time they acted like Dr. Dre was some bad ass who stood up for himself during the Death Row days when the consensus at the time was that he was basically the bitch of the group and treated horribly).

But this film was really over the top with some of the stuff, and on top of that they really didn't get into Pac as a person it was more of, something happens, than another thing happens, and so on, than the movie ends........which is odd considering he was one of the most complex people in rap history.

Couldn't have been that hard to dive into his personality but they really never did

These weren't the same people that made Straight Outta Compton was it?

Hopefully one day someone makes a good Tupac film but I am gonna have to go thumbs down with this one...

Last edited:
that sounds about what i figured it would be.

its just not an era of thoughtful movies.

also, alot of his life has been pretty well covered. there's plenty of documentation about him for anyone interested. that shit was just a money grab

Critics panned it in the same light: utter shallow trash. Too bad. I don't think he was a great person but he was definitely an interesting celebrity talent and I was hoping for a film closer to Compton than Biggie. Sounds like we got something more in line with Dusk til Dawn 2 level cinema.

Every time that "z" is substituted for an "s", I just automatically assume it's crap.

Every time that "z" is substituted for an "s", I just automatically assume it's crap.
It was the name of his most famous album. That would explain it.

This movies was a quick cash grab after Straight Outta Compton did so well. It is essentially a pseudo-sequel to that movie. I think they really overestimated how much people care about Pac's life and underestimated the need for good production.

I watched it in the theater.....Garbage. You can tell it was a rushed cash grab. I don't want to spoil for anyone, but there's a certain person that keeps popping up in the movie for absolutely no reason.

Also, it skips too much. You'd think they would explain a little more how he got into films.

giphy.gif

Straight Outta Compton was a good film but I giggled every time they acted like Dr. Dre was some bad ass who stood up for himself during the Death Row days when the consensus at the time was that he was basically the bitch of the group and treated horribly).

That's not true at all, the film actually toned him down.

That's not true at all, the film actually toned him down.

This. Dre and Cube for lack of a better term, white washed the shit out of themselves to be more sympathetic.

This. Dre and Cube for lack of a better term, white washed the shit out of themselves to be more sympathetic.

Yeah Dre especially was a piece of shit when he was younger.

Yeah Dre especially was a piece of shit when he was younger.
That is not what i was referring too. I was referring to the fact that they portrayed him as having stood up to death row and suge knight.

Its well documented he was treated like a bitch there.

In fact eazy is his diss as Dre with the real Gs song also brought it up with the line " And at Death Row I hear your treated like boot camp. Gotta follow your sergeants direction."

Black movies all explore the same concepts ..

Rags to riches
Racism
Will there ever be a black movie that entertains philosophy beyond this??

Finally got around to seeing All Eyez on Me and my takeaway is......What the Fuck was that?

It was almost like a straight to TV movie that somehow got a nationwide release. Seriously it makes Notorious look like an Oscar caliber film. The acting is really sub par, the story is all over the place ( and not even really accurate in some cases). Listen I get in these type of biopics you have to bend the truth about certain stuff ( Straight Outta Compton was a good film but I giggled every time they acted like Dr. Dre was some bad ass who stood up for himself during the Death Row days when the consensus at the time was that he was basically the bitch of the group and treated horribly).

But this film was really over the top with some of the stuff, and on top of that they really didn't get into Pac as a person it was more of, something happens, than another thing happens, and so on, than the movie ends........which is odd considering he was one of the most complex people in rap history.

Couldn't have been that hard to dive into his personality but they really never did

These weren't the same people that made Straight Outta Compton was it?

Hopefully one day someone makes a good Tupac film but I am gonna have to go thumbs down with this one...

Bummer... I was really looking forward to this movie.

Black movies all explore the same concepts ..

Rags to riches
Racism
Will there ever be a black movie that entertains philosophy beyond this??

Clearly you haven't seen Booty Call

Back