alkaline levels in canned tuna?

MillyTheKid**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i read something that said that the alkaline levels in canned tuna are harmful? is this true?

I really wouldn't worry about it unless your eating 3 cans of tuna a day!

I heard that you shouldnt eat more than three a week.

I will probably die soon then.

I have heard you should not eat more than 3 fish caught in the Great Lakes in a week. Never anything like that about Tuna.

im pretty sure hes talking about mercury levels...not acid/alkaline

your diet really has no impact on your body ph levels.

I am pretty sure that is a false statement. As stated above I also assume the TS is referring to mercury levels, however I wanted to address this. Many people eat to stay in an alkaline state. Things like greens are important to the ph level of your body. Without getting too in depth what you eat can leave you in an acidic state which causes your body to work harder to keep your blood ph nuetral.

Read the following:
John Berardi - Covering Nutritional Bases

Can anybody clarify the 3 tuna per week idea? I eat a can pretty much every day.:icon_surp

I am pretty sure that is a false statement. As stated above I also assume the TS is referring to mercury levels, however I wanted to address this. Many people eat to stay in an alkaline state. Things like greens are important to the ph level of your body. Without getting too in depth what you eat can leave you in an acidic state which causes your body to work harder to keep your blood ph nuetral.

Read the following:
John Berardi - Covering Nutritional Bases

not so much.

Your Urine is Not a Window to Your Body: pH Balancing – A Failed Hypothesis Science-Based Pharmacy

greens taste good when cooked properly, and they provide some great nutrients, but they in now way alter the ph level of your blood. has anyone ever considered what the ph level of stomach acid is in relation to the food they're eating?
350px-PH_scale.png

forgive me, berardi is god around here. ok, you just keep on adding baking soda to your pwo shake that probably also contains 7 fish oil pills, a scoop of greens+ and glutamine. i'm going to go a dig a hole and die of acidosis, just like all the mighty paleo's did (unless they were eaten by dinosaur). if you can find me an actual study that demonstrates long term that your diet can cause body ph levels to be altered, please let me know.

Back