News Aljamain Sterling ‘still injured,’ UFC 292 title fight with Sean O’Malley not a guarantee

We could have Islam vs Beneil, but nooo...

They told Islam to chill until Abu Dhabi and they set up Beneil vs Charles.

We could lose out on Islam vs Beneil.
I'm really not a fan of putting fighters on hold to place them on a particular card that's over eight months away just because it's set in their turf.
I get it business wise, but really eight months when he's perfectly healthy? Islam is probably set to go this summer and since he's champion it doesn't just put his career on hold, it holds back the entire division.

Don't get me wrong Charles/Beneil is a banger, but it's not the right fight to do at the moment IMO.

Incoming interim title

kz8rpvzg7ti0sqj9t3iw.jpg
Cejudo vs Merab will be to keep Merab busy and away from Sean. Not for a title.
They’ll either save Sean for the real title or they’ll have him fight an easier matchup than Merab.

He should fight when he is ready. That’s a turnaround champions rarely do and he shouldn’t be faulted if he’s unable. Seems another case of the UFC prematurely announcing a fight. If it’s not pen to paper signed shouldn’t announce it or if it’s verbal, announce the fight is “Tentatively agreed on.”

Dude is probably legit hurt. He said in his pre-fight interview versus Cejudo he was still injured. He was supposed to give his stem cell treatment more time, and didn't notice much benefit from doing it. The UFC needs to let the man heal up.

He was supposed to give his stem cell treatment more time, and didn't notice much benefit from doing it.

Probably because it's crazy overpriced pseudo-science at this point

Don't like him but can't hate on the guy too much, he just fought.

Why isn't Leon fighting this summer tho? And why hold Islam until the Abu Dhabi card in October? Those seem like more of an issue

Because we're instead doing Moreno vs Fig 5, live only on PPV for International Fight Week.

Shut up and buy it you fucking goofball.

Because we're instead doing Moreno vs Fig 5, live only on PPV for International Fight Week.

Shut up and buy it you fucking goofball.
"PowerSlap is currently trending more than every sport combined, and we have a massive main event this week with Dern/Hill... if you don't know now you know!"

Listen, this guy doesn’t want to fight. We know he just fought but he doesn’t want to fight. So right now we are looking at other options. People hungry to fight. Fighters fight. I know fighters. They fight. Sterling is not a fighter. He doesn’t fight. We have options tho. Thankfully the division is full of fighters who want to fight. We are pleased to announce Sean O(I like to fight)Malley vs Kris Moutinho for belt in August. And since these guys are real fighters Sean has agreed to fight his first title defense in December against Kris Moutinho.
<31>

Cejudo vs O'Malley interim title confirmed

Clearly he is afraid of Sean.
JK
Maybe they book Sean vs...................Sandhagen, Yadong or Font? For the interim belt.
And in case you are wondering if they went with Sean-Merab-stop dreaming.

“I’m still injured with my legs banged up, my bicep still sucks, I’m supposed to get another MRI on that,” Sterling said on his YouTube channel. “I’m trying to get to this fight in August. We’ve talked a little bit about it and we’re trying to see if we can make it happen, but my leg is still super sensitive to the touch. I hope I’m not ruining anything by me saying that.

“Guys, I did just fight,” he continued. “The swelling has gone down a lot. I can actually do a flex with my foot, but it’s still very stiff. I’ve done PT once in the sauna one time and I did an ice bath last night. Well, yesterday afternoon. So, I think that helped out a ton with the swelling, for sure. I don’t know. We’re gonna see. My shins are super sensitive. Even just me touching it right now. They feel like mushy almost. I can make a dent in my leg.”

Sterling added that he has verbally agreed to the bout, but needs to make sure his body can agree, too.

Source: https://www.mmamania.com/2023/5/18/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Jeez! Is Cejudo as banged up as him? If not, score more damage for Henry on this one.

It's clownish and bush-league of the UFC to 1) announce a fight that isn't actually signed to try and pressure one side into signing it, and 2) pressure Aljo into turning around right after going 5 rounds and defending the belt, because they want to make him fight O'malley while he's injured and not going in 100%, trying to stack the deck in favor of Sugarlegs as much as possible. And you know if Aljo doesn’t play along they’ll spin it like he’s ducking.

Really pathetic and biased stuff from Dana here, they would never do this if it was the other way around and a UFC favored star had the belt. They’re also setting O’Malley up to be hated here with this Dana White Privilege, most don’t even think he beat Yan even after he cheated 10x in that fight, so why is he getting to sit out with a guaranteed shot while other top guys have to fight eachother? UFC loves to remind us it’s not a real sport with shit like this.

Last edited:
Back