Aliev Makhmud (LOL)

GAR

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aliev Makhmud ladies and gentleman, enjoy

I had posted this some years ago asking if anyone had any information and no one did unfortunately... This is the only fight of his registered anywhere.

I don't even know where PRIDE got him from, but this maybe the worse performance I've ever seen someone put on.

Wasn't he an Olympic wrestler?

No that was Karam Gaber who fought Fujita trying to box.

And yes -- this fight is hilarious bizzare. The groin kick. All of Aliev's flying shit. It's just outlandish.

x4ZGLiF.gif

I had posted this some years ago asking if anyone had any information and no one did unfortunately... This is the only fight of his registered anywhere.

He was a two-time freestyle wrestling champion in his homeland (Azerbaijan). That's all the info I could find on him.

No that was Karam Gaber who fought Fujita trying to box.

And yes -- this fight is hilarious bizzare. The groin kick. All of Aliev's flying shit. It's just outlandish.

x4ZGLiF.gif
That was the closest he came to landing a strike that night and it was on a camera man instead of
Tamura...That fight was so bizarre

It seemed like he was still in pain, but his corner wouldn't throw in the towel, going off of memory. Definitely a weird fight, and certainly lends credence to the idea the Pride fixed shit even after DSE took over.

It seemed like he was still in pain, but his corner wouldn't throw in the towel, going off of memory. Definitely a weird fight, and certainly lends credence to the idea the Pride fixed shit even after DSE took over.
It's always been generally known that some fights were fixed (not all of the obviously), but that's not the case here obviously... The case here is giving Tamura favorable matchup.

What do you get if you cross Wallid Ismail with Viacheslav Datsik?

I did love that PRIDE would find these straight-up wrestlers from countries like Azerbaijan, Georgia, etc who had no idea what they were doing - it definitely added something but I'm not sure exactly what!

And.... why... would they fix this shit?

Jus´curious...

That was the closest he came to landing a strike that night and it was on a camera man instead of
Tamura...That fight was so bizarre

Landed some solid knees from the headlock position

"why the jumping, Bas? What Is he uh trying to accomplish there?"

"I don't know"

I remember this fight ! Too funny ! Pride had some real freak show fights at times.

Figurative speech. I haven't seen the fight in years but remember it for only the funny/bizarre reasons

I had never seen it before, but even though it was indeed bizarre and funny with all the absurd moves Makhmud put on, it wasn't even THAT useless of a performance. Held Tamura in the clinch, landed some dirty boxing then later some knees from the headlock. Completely clueless in the standup but it's not like Tamura landed that much either. Objectively his performance has nothing on CM Punk or Roller Gracie

Back