• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alexandre Pantoja to defend Flyweight title against Steve Erceg at UFC 301

Who Wins?

• Alexandre Pantoja

Votes: 64 77.1%
  • Steve Erceg

Votes: 19 22.9%

• Total voters
Mokaev is probably out due to Ramadan.

They probably didn't want a rematch to happen, thus Erceg is pushed to the top.
He seems upset, the only ones not fighting during Ramadan are the ones looking for an excuse not to take certain fights, up and comers dont care for that.

Pantoja is leaps & bounds better than Erceg.
This fight won't even be close.
Imagine TJ vs Renan <45>That's the kinda fight we're in for here xd

Another thing I'm wondering... would the plan be for Mokaev to fight for the flyweight belt at abu dabi in october then? Against the winner of pantoja/erceg. Also they clearly needed a brazilian champion to headline ufc 301 since pereira is stepping up at ufc 300.

This could ultimately just mean mokaev needs to wait a few months longer for a better stage

Mokaev has proved to be not ready yet either, but Erceg is far from ready wtf is this

Another thing I'm wondering... would the plan be for Mokaev to fight for the flyweight belt at abu dabi in october then? Against the winner of pantoja/erceg. Also they clearly needed a brazilian champion to headline ufc 301 since pereira is stepping up at ufc 300.

This could ultimately just mean mokaev needs to wait a few months longer for a better stage

Mokaev's lucky if he's getting it in October.

He should spend 7 months in dagestan with team khabib. Improve his striking and clinch work and grappling.

I think you guys are missing the actual cause: money. It's flyweight, what leverage do these guys have? I'm guessing they offered Mokaev the title fight but only for his base pay and his team felt insulted, like they rightfully should. But this is flyweight, the UFC can pass you right the fuck over and nobody will care.

DJ was making basically nothing for his entire FLW run, imagine what the tomato cans he was fighting were making.

Back