Alexa Grasso x Ronda Rousey: Who would win?

DanDragon Machi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If they fought at 135 lbs and Ronda had a good camping? Considering Valentina and Alexa are the same size and Valentina held her own agains Holm I think the power difference wouldn't be a problem for Grasso

I think Ronda would be able to overpower her and get the submission.

I am a huge Rhonda fan and when the size difference (Alexa can make 125 and Rhonda barely makes 135) I think pre Holly Holmes might win but after getting KTFO twice the only way she beats a better boxer like Grasso is in the WWE where she might also beat Brock.

I think Ronda would be able to overpower her and get the submission.

Grasso lights up Ronda
These are both options. Grasso with superior skill (and advancement in time of MMA as a sport) could win with prep time. Ronda would almost certainly win if both just came into it blind. Stronger, more aggressive. Alexa's weakness imo is that she rarely "brings it." Could be a top 5 wmma talent all time if she fixes that. I don't see how she could have won the second Schevshenko fight if She she ko refused to engage but circle and jab, for an example I have to credit some random poster.

Shevshenko is a top 5 all time wmma talent, but is imo slightly overrated and can be surpassed. Her upsides are excellent skill and speed, yet she's arrogant and content to eke out decisions. Grasso paradoxically keeps a low pace, but looks for the finish when it's there. Somewhat like Leon Edwards.

There's my amateur analysis.

It would go similar to this fight except Rousey would use an arm bar to finish Grasso instead of the rear naked choke.

I think Ronda takes her to arm bar town

Rousey trounces her fairly easily. It is safe to say that Rousey is better than Shev in using that head and arm throw. Rousey is also the bigger athlete on top. Grasso just doesn't have the physicality to get Rousey from reaching her.

I think Alexa has a bjj good enough to defend and get out from Ronda's armlock. You forget how poor was Ronda's victms ground. If Tate could defend Ronda's armlock once so Grasso, way better on the ground, would too

Last edited:
Back