Alex underestimated Izzy's power....

AFewDollarsMore

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wtf!!
They fought 4 times. Of course he knows how hard he hits. He didn't underestimate anything.
He did overestimate one thing, though:
HIS OWN CHIN

It was Izzy's speed, not power.

Alex went in for the kill too soon, when Izzy still had strength and speed.

He should have battered him for three or four rounds, before going in for the kill.

Credit to Izzy though, after three fails, he finally got the job done.

I hate rematches, but this one makes more sense than most.

No he just got cocky and too wild. He rushed in thinking he could just explode to put Izzy away, almost did but Izzy was smart to throw a jab then another overhand right that he’s had success with. If he picked his shots and stayed patient he would’ve knocked him out.

He should have battered him for three or four rounds, before going in for the kill.

He could’ve put him away then, Izzy was hurt and his leg was done. Watch how wide open he leaves himself as he was throwing his shots. The last fight he was more cautious going for the finish

Izzy wobbled him on their second KB match and almost knocked him out at the end of the first round in their previous MMA fight. I don't think that he was underrating Izzy's power and timing. If he did, it's a shame.

He could’ve put him away then, Izzy was hurt and his leg was done. Watch how wide open he leaves himself as he was throwing his shots. The last fight he was more cautious going for the finish

I restate what I said.

Izzy was still fresh and strong, still super-quick.

Alex tried to rush the finish — and got caught doing so.

He should've kept pounding and plodding and going for the finish in the 4th or 5th, as he did previously.

Izzy HAS power. It isn't 10/10 but it is rather high considering he KO'ed Rob, Alex and wobbled steel chin Jan at LHW with his trademark lean backward hook.

That was good fight while it lasted and maybe it was grace for the fans - now Izzy will realize that maybe pointfighting not necessary always work and will go for kill and be entertaining again.
I hope so.

No he just got cocky and too wild. He rushed in thinking he could just explode to put Izzy away, almost did but Izzy was smart to throw a jab then another overhand right that he’s had success with. If he picked his shots and stayed patient he would’ve knocked him out.

change your avy

I don't think so. I think he was just overconfident in general. All throughout the build up he gave off the impression that he was just getting this fight with a dude he'd whooped 3 times out of the way so he could move on with real challenges.

He fought the way he always fights tbh. Head way up in the air, hands down low, no regard for defense because his offense is so deadly. He was the same in kickboxing, non existent defense when he was feeling it and went all in for an offensive onslaught.

Izzy caught him with the exact same shot he caught him with at the end of round 1 last time, except this time he capitalised better.

Pereira doesn't have chin.
He got rocked the same way he did in their last fight, even wobbled the same way, this time Izzy was ready for it and closed the show, I was honestly surprised at how lethal he was in the knockout, he even clips Alex as he goes down before landing the hammerfist.

Guys thinking "power" is some static power that guys either have or dont have. An average striker (which Izzy is not hes elite) can throw one -shot power if properly placed, wound up and throwing a right cross/overhand against a guy with his left hand down.

I’m guessing if you believe the other dude can’t do anything to beat you, while ignoring the fact that all the previous contests were as competitive as it gets, you might just think you can walk down Izzy in round 2.

Izzy HAS power. It isn't 10/10 but it is rather high considering he KO'ed Rob, Alex and wobbled steel chin Jan at LHW with his trademark lean backward hook.

That was good fight while it lasted and maybe it was grace for the fans - now Izzy will realize that maybe pointfighting not necessary always work and will go for kill and be entertaining again.
I hope so.
Jan has steel chin? Good chin but I wouldn't say steel.

It’s a great story about never giving in against a formidable rival, but from a competition stand point - he had 4 goes. Anyone who’s competed in any 1v1 sport or game knows that it’s nothing really to write home about to get one back after the fourth attempt. That’s so much time to learn and find a flaw to expose. From Poatans point of view he didn’t need to change anything, why would he.

Don’t know why Alex didn’t respect it, he nearly got KO’d the same way in the last fight.

Back