Media Alex Pereira Says He's Fighting vs Jiri Prochazka NEXT - "Giving Up" On Moving To Heavyweight

Jiri hasn't shown he is willing to check leg kicks. It's not like he can't. He just doesn't want to. He is going to charge Alex with his hands down and stance squared so the leg will be there to kick. Jiri didn't do that bad in his fight vs Alex. He landed some big shots when he backed Alex against the fence. He just took much damage to his legs before he decided to take it to the ground.

Never seen Ankalaev say he'd ONLY fight at Abu Dhabi. We always see fighters push for the date/place they want then they end up fighting somewhere else. Not sure what card they'd put Alex on soon though. we've got Islam and Conor for the June cards, Tom and Leon for UK in July, Izzy for Australia in August. Sphere's in September then Abu Dhabi in October.

If Ank can fight when Alex is ready let him have it, if he's being a pussy and trying to call the shots then fuck him and move on to the next one. Champ don't wait on the contender.

Should be Ankalaev but still a guaranteed barn burner.

Alex just announced seminars in Australia mid June so doubt he's going straight into camp.

Ankalaev should not have named a venue/date. Instantly Alex said he wants to fight sooner. And why would Alex fight him anywhere that is not neutral territory?

Ankalaev screwed up with his reaction and comments after the draw with Jan. And he’s tripped up again by naming UAE.

He should have just said..

I’m ready any time you are, champ (unless he isn’t ready).

Too soon for a rematch, especially when there are other contenders waiting

All these quick rematches are stalling the division and holding back contenders. I remember when rematches were rare in the UFC, and actually got fans excited because there were compelling storyline and buildup behind them
Considering Ankalaev wants to wait 3 years to fight him at Mecca and Jiri wants to fight next week in Brazil I have no issues with this.

I hate this. I hated the first fight as well. Two of my favourite fighters going against each other. It will be fun, I guess, but fear the result will be the same.
Alex has little time left at the top due to his age and long career and silly Ankalaev blowing it by asking some stupid late date. He had to jump at the opportunity to go for the belt asap. IQ questionable even outside of a fight.

Is Poatan scared? I think so.
Of who...Ankalaev? Dude Ankalaev is one who is picking easy fights. Just look on his record. His only fight vs top 3 was Jan and it looked like a parody on a title fight where Ankalaev was scared to risk anything...such a warrior. +

Ankalaev wanted to fight in Abu Dhabi...in freaking October. Even Jiri was ready to face Ankalaev in 1-2 months....Ankalaev simply wont accept....such a warrior.<lol>

Honestly I'm not supprised I think the very fact Jiri was fighting on UFC 300 made it clear this was the UFC's favoured match.

Ankalaev is the guy to fight next imo. Jiri should wait in line.

Ankalaev will clean out the division before getting a chance lol. This is so stupid.

Lol, seems to be the famous ”timelines” again. I think we have seen this before and funny that other camps can play the same game also.

Back