Alex Pereira is both the official and lineal light heavyweight champion if you score Jones vs Reyes accurately

Haven't posted for an age, maybe about 6 years. Reaction score didn't even exist last time I posted :)

My sister passed away suddenly and afterwards I ceased all social media as I shifted across the world to help her husband with her young children, got a new lcturing job, then I fell out of the habit. When I posted a lot I was basically retired with time to kill.
Ohh ok. Makes sense. I know everyone’s slate was wiped clean years back I just didn’t know when. Welcome back

If Reyes had been given the decision over Jones (as he should have), there would have been an immediate rematch. And Jones would have crushed Reyes in the rematch. So the lineal chain would have been broken anyway.

I adore how posters pretend live scoring is easy and in no way a partly subjective activity informed by the time and place you see the fight. Jones V Reyes was not a robbery or even that decisive. The notion thst anyone who didn't have Reyes watching it live doesn't understand MMA is frankly more telling about the person that posted that asinine take that anyone who gave it to Jones.

Scoring MMA is actually pretty hard compared to MT, Boxing or Kickboxing. I've judged all four and MMA is by far the hardest. (trying to figure out some of the Mt fights in Thailand might be harder, not that ive ever scored one, just lost money on the :(. )

MMA scoring is hard when there both striking and grappling are involved in one round.
When there is only striking involved, for example, it becomes much easier...

MMA scoring is hard when there both striking and grappling are involved in one round.
When there is only striking involved, for example, it becomes much easier...

There is lots of other stuff. For an easy example, 4 Oz gloves make determining what lands clean or hard more difficult. Shots can slide off then land hard, slip through a high guard or even hurt even if blocked clean ,if the shot is blocked against the head ( basically impossible to score withour an overt reaction from the fighter who was hit but can cause real damage through a 4 oz).Kicks also curve around 4 Oz a way they don't larger gloves. 4 oz don't make as much sound blocking or landing. You can hear hard shots in boxing from ring side in a way you can't in MMA. 4oz gloves thud more whereas a hard body shot with 8oz or bigger are lounder and sharper. You can hear and see what's blocked more with larger gloves.

Ring control is far easier to determine in a ring compared to a MMA fight in a cage.

You get a better view through ring ropes compared to a cage. Fighters end up further away from you in a large cage compared to a ring etc etc.

I could go on for an age if you want. Contrary to popular belief It's not just the "three lvls" compared to one that makes MMA harder to score, its a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
I'm hating hard bro. Feel the hate.

i-can-feel-it-the-hero.gif

And if you score their first kickboxing bout correct, Izzy and Poatan are 2-2 against each other

Haven't posted for an age, maybe about 6 years. Reaction score didn't even exist last time I posted :)

My sister passed away suddenly and afterwards I ceased all social media as I shifted across the world to help her husband with her young children, got a new lcturing job, then I fell out of the habit. When I posted a lot I was basically retired with time to kill.

bruce-lee-bow.gif

Sad to hear of you loss. Hespect to you!!

giphy.gif

yeah reyes the GOAT according to ts

btw jon jones would fold pereira in half

There is lots of other stuff. For an easy example, 4 Oz gloves make determining what lands clean or hard more difficult. Shots can slide off then land hard, slip through a high guard or even hurt even if blocked clean ,if the shot is blocked against the head ( basically impossible to score withour an overt reaction from the fighter who was hit but can cause real damage through a 4 oz).Kicks also curve around 4 Oz a way they don't larger gloves. 4 oz don't make as much sound blocking or landing. You can hear hard shots in boxing from ring side in a way you can't in MMA. 4oz gloves thud more whereas a hard body shot with 8oz or bigger are lounder and sharper. You can hear and see what's blocked more with larger gloves.

Ring control is far easier to determine in a ring compared to a MMA fight in a cage.

You get a better view through ring ropes compared to a cage. Fighters end up further away from you in a large cage compared to a ring etc etc.

I could go on for an age if you want. Contrary to popular belief It's not just the "three lvls" compared to one that makes MMA harder to score, its a bunch of stuff.

I don't disagree, but you comment about a particular fight: Reyes vs Jones.
The first 3 rounds weren't that close.
Reyes had more strikes than Jones.
I even counted them, watching the fight in slow motion.

Also, Reyes had more powerful strikes.
Jones had a few good powerful strikes, but that's it.

Sure, from different angles is hard to say if the strike was powerful or not, if it landed or not.
But again, in my opinion, those rounds weren't close closed.

When a fighter has more strikes and more powerful strikes and there is no grappling involved, it's pretty clear who won.
I can understand a fight like Condit vs Lawler, because Lawler did damage, had powerful strikes, but Condit had more volume.
But in this case, seems pretty clear. More volume - Reyes, More damage - Reyes.

4oz gloves - watching the fight in slow motion destroys most doubts... unless very bad angle.

Alex is also the MW champion as he beat Izzy and Strickland.

I didn't. Watching it live thought it was very close but jones won. On rewatch i had Reyes. 48-47 either way would have been ok with me. I guarantee I know more about all aspects of combat sports than you do.
How do you guarantee something like that , make a bold statement like that when you already exposed yourself as a total noob thinking Jones won that fight?

Technically the lineal LHW championship was born and died with Frank Shamrock. He never lost a fight at 205 pounds again after winning the belt.

Back