Media Alex Pereira currently weighs 228,4 lbs / 103,6 kg

Which weightclass would you like Pereira to compete in?

• Total voters
I'm all for updating rules to stop systemic massive weight cuts for all fighters. I've been arguing for it for years. I can support my arguments for widespread policy changes with data and logic.

But until said updates, I refuse to pick on any one fighter who does what most of them do, but a little bit more so.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Alex fight in all three divisions. He could definitely beat Jiri at LHW to be champ champ.

I'd root for him against gane or something too in a year or two.

Can you imagine a 260lb Pereira?!

lol

It's funny because he could actually beat Jiri and Ngannou

All the people who say if you cut too much weight you get bad cardio or a bad chin need to see Pereira. The downside isn't as bad as the upside hence why they cut so much.

Big frame, but he doesn't have big legs

He was skinnier in the past
He probably went on 5x5 or Juggernaut

It's funny because he could actually beat Jiri and Ngannou
Jiri maybe, he has a chance in that one. Ngannou would just wrestle him. Too big too strong.

Jiri maybe, he has a chance in that one. Ngannou would just wrestle him. Too big too strong.
not that I think he definitely wins. But they are both brawlers and Alex is more technical and able to KO any of them. Btw you mention Ngannou would wrestle him, but Jiri just submitted Glover last fight, could probably have a path to win there.

not that I think he definitely wins. But they are both brawlers and Alex is more technical and able to KO any of them. Btw you mention Ngannou would wrestle him, but Jiri just submitted Glover last fight, could probably have a path to win there.
Oh I definitely think Jiri can wrestlefuck Alex. No doubt about that, but Jiri is very hittable and that's a problem.

Izzy has more speed than Alex.
Jiri doesnt. Neither Ngannou.
If they decide to stand and bang, Alex most likely KOs both of them, same night. Their striking skills are CENTURIES away from what Alex does. If its just stand & bang, Gane is a harder matchup for Alex IMO
If they decide to grapple and can do it well/fast enough, Alex may be in trouble

Your MW champion everyone...

What a stud...a HW hiding at 185lbs

Meanwhile Izzy barely made 205 against Jan..

That said ..if you sign to fight and you lose it is what it is

My choice is HW...why cut weight if your 6'4.. A 235lbs Alex would be a problem

Bisping admitted in interviews he ate up to 230+ as well, so it's not unheard of

I dont get how he makes weight, hydrates back and manages to go hard in the 5th round of a title fight to get a TKO....

Is there actually an IV ban b/c I don't see how this is possible
Boxers have way better cardio than MMA guys.

Go watch Mayweather's YouTube and you'll see him putting in serious roadwork and gym work.

Back