Aldo went over 14 months without defending the belt

He was healing injuries not losing in a different division.

As the title says, when Aldo was FW champ, he went well over a year without fighting and not only was never stripped, but no interim title was created

By the time 205 happens, it will be 11 months since McGregor won the belt. He could certainly defend the 145 title in 3 months if he wins or loses, barring injury.

I hope everyone crying about Conor was also demanding Aldo be stripped when he went without defending the belt WAY longer than Conor. I doubt it though, because logic doesn't go over well here.

Good point.

Why use 14 months as a time frame though? I made the same point you are making with GSP, Cain Velasquez and Dominic Cruz's duration between title fights.

IMO the prohibitive majority of MMA fans are worthless buttmunchers. Bottom line is time between defenses (PERIOD) regardless of reason for lack of defense.

Between these three champions, Dana (the president of the UFC) has set the title defense time frame precedent very near the two year level.

We need to NOT DISCUSS stripping Connor until December of 2017 given this precedent.

Anyone that fails to understand "precedent" is simply a C-sucking mental midget unworthy of an opinion.

He was healing injuries not losing in a different division.

You are probably one a the A-holes that accused Vitali Klitschko of faking knee injuries to avoid fighting a fellow Baltimoron 12 years ago. Sorry, you F-tards were ALL wrong. He WAS legitimately injured. Hasim Rachman couldn't carry his (Vitali's) jock strap, and he STFU of ALL of you A-holes when he went 3 1/2 years healing his knees before coming back and taking HIS BELT back that the WBC immediately stripped him of.

Someone made a BIG deal of how Aldo defended the FTW belt 9 times in 5 years. OK, Vitali defended his belt that he won back after his 3 1/2 year absence, and proceeded to defend it 10 times in LESS than 4 years before retiring the belt without losing it.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE what has caused the time frame with no defense. It is a quantifiable TIME FRAME. It should make NO DIFFERENCE what legal activities a champion chooses to be involved in the "acceptable" duration between title fights.

GSP, Cain and Cruz were allowed to go 2 years without defending their belt WITHOUT being stripped. There is NOTHING that a mature combat sport fan can make a case for here (REGARDLESS OF JOIN DATE). You seem to be employing a mentality that is younger than your decade old account. Are you sure you aren't posting on your Dad's Sherdog account?

As the title says, when Aldo was FW champ, he went well over a year without fighting and not only was never stripped, but no interim title was created

By the time 205 happens, it will be 11 months since McGregor won the belt. He could certainly defend the 145 title in 3 months if he wins or loses, barring injury.

I hope everyone crying about Conor was also demanding Aldo be stripped when he went without defending the belt WAY longer than Conor. I doubt it though, because logic doesn't go over well here.

OK, please not this crap remashed again.
Yes, he did it twice. Because he cleaned the division and the only options in front of him were moving up to LW (blocked by Dana) or rematches.
Also, in those two periods he didn´t move away to do money-catch fights in other divisions.
Just move along, brah.

He didn't fight due to injury. Not jumping around weight classes avoiding the FW division. Foh

Back