Albion Online, most brutal MMO ever?

Byron Carter

Purveyor of Wisdom
Banned
Reaction score

I've been addicted like a crack whore to this game for going on a month straight. The freshest MMO I've played since WoW 2005.

Genre changing.

The game is a bit of a headache to jump into though. It's a sandbox, so it doesn't hold your hand and tell you what to do. You need to join a guild, and make your own purpose.

Me? I enjoy running open world dungeons and hell gates (2 teams enter, 1 team leaves - full loot).

If you're looking for help and guidance, I'm an officer in NoLife, part of the HATE alliance, and I would love to assist you. My name is Dulu in game, just message me.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=K7LZWBWZDL

This is my referral code, I get some in-game currency and a donkey or some shit if you click it. I have about 4 million coin in game though, so I really don't need it. You can have any money from using the code, to help get you started.

Last edited:
My guild plays Albion right now. I couldn't get into the MOBA style controls and combat, but lots of people like it. Great MMO that offers players a little bit of everything.

I'm currently waiting for, and alpha testing, an MMO called Crowfall. It's being developed by guys who made Shadowbane, UO, and SWG.

My guild plays Albion right now. I couldn't get into the MOBA style controls and combat, but lots of people like it. Great MMO that offers players a little bit of everything.

I'm currently waiting for, and alpha testing, an MMO called Crowfall. It's being developed by guys who made Shadowbane, UO, and SWG.

How is crowfall? I have my eye on it.

I found this game very boring. You gather a lot, always overburden, continue gathering. Craft gear, then guess what? Gather more! Its a fairly slow paced game.

Too early to tell. Lots of great ideas and promises. It's trying to be a pure sandbox game, while eliminating some of the issues that plague sandbox MMO's. The most interesting feature is that player progression is timed based, and all characters will develop skill points at the same rate. Also, the sandbox World will be operated like a campaign, which lasts 3 months, then the World will reset, but character progression will remain.

Right now, it's really fun in short bursts. They recently opened up the campaign testing worlds, so it's actually starting to seem like a real game. To be clear, it can't keep my attention for more than 30 minutes or so because I've been cutting trees and hitting rocks for a year and, unless there is a big fight coming, there's really not a whole lot that I enjoy doing anymore. All that should change when the real campaigns come online though.

Albion was fun, but when I played the alpha, I got frustrated with how quickly my weight got too high. The combat was very fun and it's definitely high stakes with the full loot, but the loot system makes the action really intense.

I guess I own the game because I paid for it to get in alpha. I might try it tonight.

I found this game very boring. You gather a lot, always overburden, continue gathering. Craft gear, then guess what? Gather more! Its a fairly slow paced game.

I guess if you're a gatherer? I don't know. I don't gather. I PvP.

I go to the highest level areas of the game, and fight anyone I come across and take their shit.

Right now, it's really fun in short bursts. They recently opened up the campaign testing worlds, so it's actually starting to seem like a real game. To be clear, it can't keep my attention for more than 30 minutes or so because I've been cutting trees and hitting rocks for a year and, unless there is a big fight coming, there's really not a whole lot that I enjoy doing anymore. All that should change when the real campaigns come online though.

Albion was fun, but when I played the alpha, I got frustrated with how quickly my weight got too high. The combat was very fun and it's definitely high stakes with the full loot, but the loot system makes the action really intense.

I guess I own the game because I paid for it to get in alpha. I might try it tonight.

Game has changed a LOT since alpha/beta.

Add me to friends in game, name is Dulu.

Played the game since launch but haven't logged in in over a week.

The game is super repetitive. Zones are super small for an mmo, game lags if theres more then 50 characters on screen and territory gets fought over by 5 v 5 teams in what is supposed to be a massive conquest game. gvg fights are alright but even 20v20 is a shame with how shitty the graphics are.

Group pvp usually consists of ganking solo/duo gatherers or kiting zergs around map to map, killing a few once they get strung out and repeating.

Had more fun solo pvping, though as more and more people quit most players run around in packs of 10 (to limit red circle on map). Solo pvp is pretty much out the window.

Hellgates are hit or miss, 90% of the time it'll be a group in flat 4 or 4.1 or a group decked out in 7.3 who play 22 hours a day. So u either get trash gear u dont need or wiped.

The game is fun enough in the short term but doesn't bring enough to the table to be popular long term. Far from revolutionary and not even close to the most brutal game out there.

One more thing, the economy is trash. with the way the developers set up gold and silver there are dozens of players who pretty much have enough gold/silver to buy whatever they need for years.

I'd say the biggest flaw is the developers still not knowing after 5 years of development if they want a competitive 5v5 game or a massive conquest game.

Population was around 250k on launch, down to around 80k actives atm 1 month after launch. I figure the game will eventually stabilize at 5-10k players which is good enough conisdering how tiny the zones are.

Yes, I played for about an hour last night and that's all I did, but I remember how much fun the endgame pvp was (and I wasn't even really too involved in the sieges and big fights). Also, you and I played Clash of Clans together for a decent amount of time and I have to say that gathering and crafting in Albion is more fun than spending hours searching for easy bases to crush for resources in Clash.

Game has changed a LOT since alpha/beta.

Add me to friends in game, name is Dulu.

I'll add you tonight.

So far, it's fun, but it's definitely a grind.

I switched to nature healing and I'm T4 now. I've basically just been grinding t3 and t4 mobs. Any suggestions on when to jump in to pvp and group dungeons?

So far, it's fun, but it's definitely a grind.

I switched to nature healing and I'm T4 now. I've basically just been grinding t3 and t4 mobs. Any suggestions on when to jump in to pvp and group dungeons?

You could start running yellow hellgates now with pick up groups. That way you don't risk losing gear as you learn mechanics. I'd suggest bumping up to at least 4.2 or druid gear before you jump in as its pretty common to run against 6.1/2/3 so it'll limit your power gap.

I'm a t6 nature healer but i run full druid in yellows to help lvl my artifact sets without the risk of losing gear.

I run wanderlust in blacks though. Its pretty much required. Really is a shame with all the weapons and armor combos people pretty much wear the same gear.

Spirit hunter tank
Cursed staff
Frost mage
Nature healer (oh shit they brought a cursed staff switch to holy, if not stay nature)
Token dps (with tanks now running spirit hunter instead of mace most teams prefer a stun here though)

Thats probably 95% of all 5v5 teams atm.

Also run the highest expedition you qualify for, their not very hard. If someones retarded or wearing t3 initiate a kick as soon as possible. I was running 1 t6 a day for the token as soon as I could. Expeditions are a joke. Some groups can speed run them in as little as 8 minutes.

Is anyone still playing Albion? If you haven't tried it, I think the pvp is some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game (mainly the ZvZ fights).

The last update basically eliminated any lag I was getting in large fights (and I don't even run ZvZ settings anymore).

I can log in at any time of the day and I will always find a fight going on somewhere in one of my alliance's territories, so you can always find action if you're in an alliance who has black zone territories.

Back