Media Al: Khabib was hard to hit

Yeah lets see how masterful his striking is once he isn't able to take an opponent down at will. People are acting like he is GSP, who had very underrated striking.

Khabib jab the shit out of Al. Go and rewatch that fight, he was jabbing so nicely. Khabib has solid striking. Not the best but he is usually careful about his diffence and tries to cover as much as possible. Rarely stands in the pocket and trades more than 2 or 3 punches. Conor fight was different because he fought we emotions. Every other fight you can't suck him into a brawl.

He is smart and I think he smashes Al once again, even more this time. Lee was dominating Al in wrestling, Khabib would absolutely smash him in he really wanted.

He was fucking around in their fight which is pretty obvious if you watched the fight. Even his coach saw he was fucking around.

Al says Khabib was a step ahead of him in the boxing with his weird Russian style in the Ariel Helwani interview, and says Lee wasn't even in the same realm as him on the feet during their fight. Khabib outstrikes all of his opponents and Lee gets out struck by all his opponents. Khabib has much more knockdowns than Lee. Both have that great takedown threat to boost their striking too.

But, according to Sherdog Kevin Lee is a much better striker than Khabib because he looks fundamentally crisper.

Lee gets hype because he's black ripped and very athletic.. lets be honest

Seems to lack heart and wilts the longer the fight goes though

People clearly brought into his striking though.. I thought he could do well vs Khabib for a round or two..

When everybody is afraid of your wrestling, suddenly you are becoming good striker. :)

lol at all the haters saying Khabib sucks, his striking sucks, Lee would destroy him........blah, blah, blah.

rzHnBqL.png

Al says Khabib was a step ahead of him in the boxing with his weird Russian style in the Ariel Helwani interview, and says Lee wasn't even in the same realm as him on the feet during their fight. Khabib outstrikes all of his opponents and Lee gets out struck by all his opponents. Khabib has much more knockdowns than Lee. Both have that great takedown threat to boost their striking too.

But, according to Sherdog Kevin Lee is a much better striker than Khabib because he looks fundamentally crisper.
That's put really well and an accurate assessment . Without looking into it the way you did and just watching highlights of both fighters you would assume Kevin is the better striker of the 2

Yeah lets see how masterful his striking is once he isn't able to take an opponent down at will. People are acting like he is GSP, who had very underrated striking.
do you like conor?

do you like conor?

I always enjoyed his style of fighting and actually found him quite entertaining outside of the ring, but I've always been a huge Aldo fan so it rubbed me the wrong way that he never gave him a rematch.

These days its kind if just interesting just to watch his downfall to be honest. Never mind losing fights, I wouldn't be surprised is a rival Irish mobster shoots him at this point. So to answer your question, I don't like him as a person but I do find him intriguing.

All this Khabib dick sucking is getting old. Khabib doesn’t get hit much because he takes you down and keeps you down. Force him to stay standing the entire fight and let’s see if he doesn’t get hit.

When everybody is afraid of your wrestling, suddenly you are becoming good striker. :)

Yeah thats kinda how it works in MMA. Tyrone Woodley outstruck pretty much all the good strikers at WW. Khabib also outstruck pretty much everyone as well.

Inb4 khabib circle jerk starts

So AKA's little mexican is the best striking coach in the game?
<mma4>
Rosendo Sanchez was a pro boxer and holds a win over current WBA Super Bantamweight Champion Nonito Donaire. He's legit, as is Javier Mendes. I know the man sounds like a goof at times, but he knows his shit.

Last edited:
"You know Roy Jones respect the hands of Khabib."
- Kenny Florian.

I am not talking about his striking offence here, Al fought him he didn't say that he was hard to hit because of the takedown threat

Extended quotes (source):

“I come in there to fight every time. There’s a reason why guys don’t look good against me.”

“I know he didn’t want to exert his energy trying to finish me because he knew he was going to have to kill me to finish me, and if he didn’t kill me, he was going to gas himself out. And five rounds is a long fight. So I know he knew that, he definitely respected me and he felt that. I think he’s got a little bit of — people are like, ‘Is he really that good?’

“Don’t think like that.”

“His standup was really good. I felt like I was a step behind him, just from the first two rounds of trying to get up and stay against the cage, he was kind of wearing on me a little bit. So I felt a little behind, but his jab is good. Every time I tried to let so combos go, he’s awkward, he’s got like the Russians — it’s just a different style of boxing. They were saying he’s got his head up. I connect with everybody. ... It was hard to get to him. He’s tough, he’s tough. He’s got his own style. He’s awkward. Maybe it doesn’t look like it from the outside, but, he’s definitely, he’s f*cking tough man.”

“I knew we had a mutual respect on the standup when it was going back and forth, he was definitely worried about my power shots. But he kept me away with his jab and his movement was a little awkward and good.”

“Five rounds, it can f*ck with your head, you know? It happened so quick for me that I didn’t even have time to really overthink it.

“I went after him in the beginning of the fifth. I went after him, I that knew I had to win it that round. And I kind of just went for it and I started slowing down halfway through that round. He hit me with a good uppercut and I kind of couldn’t see for a little bit.”​

Last edited:
I never understood the morons that said Kevin Lee would be a tough fight for Khabib. Kevin Lee got KOd by a BJJ guy, subd by Tony, lost twice to Al Iaquinta and was almost KOd multiple times by Al in the second fight.
Khabib would hurt Kevin Lee on the feet and on the ground. His chin wont hold up.
Ahhh yes the old omg they're so stupid because insert hindsight....

Flawless logic sir. Truly flawless.

I am not talking about his striking offence here, Al fought him he didn't say that he was hard to hit because of the takedown threat
I still believe that this is a problem. When you know that the guys is super good in some other aspects of the fight you constantly think about it.

Yeah thats kinda how it works in MMA. Tyrone Woodley outstruck pretty much all the good strikers at WW. Khabib also outstruck pretty much everyone as well.
Also the reverse is true, too. Think for Tito and Ken- Tito was outwrestling Ken at will, because Ken's attention was on the striking game.

Great striking defense, Iron chin, pretty good power, pressure, good cardio, super gorilla strength., threat of the td always, good uppercut, jab, looping overhand, body shots. No one around with the exception on askren can keep people down and as good as khabib. Khabib has much better gnp from top than Ben for sure. Not many fighters have all that good of striking for his gameplan, and be the best grappler in the ufc. He's a beast, people who say otherwise are just kidding themselves. Sure, he may get caught some day, who knows, but the odds are significantly less than most. He has a chin, as we have seen him get punched/kicked and keep moving forward with pressure.

I still believe that this is a problem. When you know that the guys is super good in some other aspects of the fight you constantly think about it.
I wonder why it never worked for Kevin Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back