AHHHHHHHH! XB1 downloads are so slow!

echohead

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
That is all.

Seriously though I heard about it from reviews but seeing the slowness first hand is maddening.

Yup especially in Canada where our internet sucks. I get only like 10mb/s avg. I usually only install games before bed.

The worst is even if you buy the game disc and install off that there is always DLC or huge day 1 patches so you are looking at several hours before you can play.

Consoles are "play now" remember ..

Yup especially in Canada where our internet sucks. I get only like 10mb/s avg. I usually only install games before bed.

The worst is even if you buy the game disc and install off that there is always DLC or huge day 1 patches so you are looking at several hours before you can play.

Consoles are "play now" remember ..

im from canada and i dont get how our internet sucks. if your internet sucks its because you have a bad internet package. i get about 25mb/s and i dont even have a top speed package.

rogers offers gigabit internet with speeds up to 1000mb/s. you should go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and see if your internet is close to what it's suppose to be. If not call your ISP.

I have the 100/10 package which is rogers 3rd best package and my speeds are 136mb/s download, 10.5mb/s upload and 17 ping. It's pretty fast and Ive never had a problem with my speed.

Last edited:
im from canada and i dont get how our internet sucks. if your internet sucks its because you have a bad internet package. i get about 25mb/s and i dont even have a top speed package.

rogers offers gigabit internet with speeds up to 1000mb/s. you should go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and see if your internet is close to what it's suppose to be. If not call your ISP.

I have the 100/10 package which is rogers 3rd best package and my speeds are 136mb/s download, 10.5mb/s upload and 17 ping. It's pretty fast and Ive never had a problem with my speed.

The building I live in has old infrastructure and doesn't support higher speeds. At least according to Bell. It's pretty antiquated. Not sure why it hasn't been upgraded yet. It's the 21st century.

Doesn't change the facf that downloads are slos. I have friends with faster net then me who also have dl/install issues.

well I have super fast internet at on XBL it is still slow as hell.

Im usually around 110-130 mb/s and I download everything pretty fucking fast. lose the dsl its holding you down

Do you have the latest console update? Check it in the settings because they seem to have fixed that problem for many in the last update.

For me it works super fast and I'm in Canada

Back