Agree or disagree: jones striking looked better than ever against DC.

In my opinion his kicks are nothing special.
slenderman_by_mari480-d59hzip.png

fine

I think it looked better against dc, rampage, & lyoto. He mostly wrestled in the Shogun fight.
i watched that fight in a room full of 3 or 4 friends that were all rooting for jones.

was disapoint

I'm watching Jones-Cormier 1 right now. Nice overhand left by Jon @ 2:50 stuns DC a moment and backs him up. 1:50 and 1:03 nice quick lefts to the body and he continues boxing well this round. Etc. He has the potential but he prefers to focus more on kicks and elbows, he's an unorthodox Muay Thai striker. Advantage: no nagging hand injuries.

jones actaully has really good, effective standup - he doesnt shadow box as well as others and does have some issues w technique - but overall, his striking is way underrated on forums - he does also get clocked clean in most of his fights and shows off a good chin - but at the larger weights, you really have to have a good chin, punches will land and they will land hard

The glover fight his striking was more impressive

His offensive boxing is good, that's quite obvious from re-watching his fights. It's his defensive boxing that needs more work, he does get hit too much however he rolls with shots well and many of them graze his head.

So if one trains at a boxing gym , they are an expert...?

I don't see any amateurs tooling Jones In a boxing match either. Enjoy bones while he is here , like a lebron, when they're gone it will be a sad day

If memory serves me correct, his striking looked great in the Vitor fight. He was really effective with the oblique kick and sent Vitor to the canvas with a powerful kick to the liver.

If memory serves me correct, his striking looked great in the Vitor fight. He was really effective with the oblique kick and sent Vitor to the canvas with a powerful kick to the liver.
True. His kicks looked great against vitor. I was surprised at how his hands looked against dc. I can't remember another fight where he committed to his punches as much as he did there.

I don't see any amateurs tooling Jones In a boxing match either.

Sorry buddeh but you are clueless. Jon's hands are awful. He would absolutely get worked by amateurs.

I think it looked better against dc, rampage, & lyoto. He mostly wrestled in the Shogun fight.

I mainly remember the spinning back elbows, the flying knees, the brutal ground and pound. All the unorthodox striking that was so damned effective.

Nowadays it's just:

paw at the eyes
oblique kick
paw at the eyes
oblique kick
paw at the eyes
oblique kick

I mainly remember the spinning back elbows, the flying knees, the brutal ground and pound. All the unorthodox striking that was so damned effective.

Nowadays it's just:

paw at the eyes
oblique kick
paw at the eyes
oblique kick
paw at the eyes
oblique kick
I had forgotten some of the unorthodox stuff he did in that fight. I think his striking technique is a lot less raw than it was back then. It allows him to use his reach to dominate the competition, but it comes at the expense of the unorthodox stuff. Personally I find it entertaining most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back