After Luke vs Branch, does anybody think Luke would be an easy target and too slow for Whittaker?

I think Robert Whittaker has proven to be head-and-shoulders better than everyone else.

He's on a historic win streak for the modern division and stopped most of his opponents. Absolutely wrecked Jacare. Stop and recall that he had to literally out wrestle Yoel Romero to beat him.

Beating Jacare and Romero back to back on a 8 fight win streak is arguably the most impressive thing any middleweight has ever done in the history of the sport.

Whittaker is a bad matchup for everybody.

rjmbrd....One of sherdog's true gems dropping the knowledge.

I will say I would have a really hard time picking the winner of that fight....IMO it's THE FIGHT in the division.

People dont inderstand how quickly the body can decline past 28. Testosterone drops, recovery is slower, aggressiveness mellows, reflexes slower, metabolism slower, making for weight cutting ever more difficult . It varies from person to person, but it keeps getting worse and worse. Ring rust, accumulated damage, and injuries don't help one bit.

Rockhold looked not just rusty, but aged, slower, drained and worn.

Last edited:
Whitaker is too small for him. Rockhold would peace him up, branch talked him because he has an 80 inch reach.

There's a reason why luke's only talking about gsp and bisping...

Based on his comments, Luke is unlikely to underestimate Whittaker. I'd bet on a focussed Rockhold against anyone in the division. He's just so large for a 185er, and one of the most athletic.
There's a reason why luke's only talking about gsp and bisping...

He specifically said he wanted to fight Whittaker...

Last edited:
Saturday showed me he will never see a belt again in the UFC. MAYBE bellator

Rockhold is too big for Whittaker, Rockhold would take him down and finish him in brutal fashion.

I think Robert Whittaker has proven to be head-and-shoulders better than everyone else.

He's on a historic win streak for the modern division and stopped most of his opponents. Absolutely wrecked Jacare. Stop and recall that he had to literally out wrestle Yoel Romero to beat him.

Beating Jacare and Romero back to back on a 8 fight win streak is arguably the most impressive thing any middleweight has ever done in the history of the sport.

Whittaker is a bad matchup for everybody.
Exactly! And let's also not forget that nobody at the top of the MW division was rushing to fight those 2. Whitaker really impressed me in those 2 fights. He hit much harder than Branch so if he connects the way Branch did, Luke is going to sleep. Luke didn't look good on the feet at all. His boxing is average at best. Even in the Weidman fight, he wasn't doing so well on the feet. He has to be in the top 2 or 3 as far as kicks along w Yair and Pettis, but his boxing need a lot of work. His defense as well. On the ground though, he's an animal.

Past losses aside I think Whittaker is the real deal and found a great home at 185 and is just coming into his own. What a great fighter man....I'm on board with dis dude

[yt]

robert-whittaker-post-ufc-213-belt.jpg

that fight really made it clear to me that Whittaker is the best MW in the world right now. Not to mention the only MW on the roster who fights the top contenders lol. jacare and romero been ducked for years. I can see whittaker lighting luke up and getting the TKO win. Rockhold has good kicks but garbage hands and defense and is dumb enough to strike with him. Luke aint getting it to the ground with a take down thats for sure maybe a trip in the clinch tho.

Besides luke doesnt deserve to be in title contention right now. 1-1 with a KO loss and a win over a game, but over matched Branch does not merit a TS

Based on Rockhokd's performance on Saturday night and Whittaker's recent performances it's going to be more one sided than gang rape.

i think luke would submit his ass. He had a long layoff and coming from a bad ko doesnt help much either. He will look better in his next fight.

Whitaker is my boy and i have been om the train since the beginning but i have always said stylistically mousasi and rockhold are his toughest tests.

We wont see the mousasi fight maybe ever but the rockhold fight makes sense. Whittaker is smart as fuck in there, doesnt rush, has a gameplan and implements it with brutal intent. He is smart enough to avoid the kicks of luke and i can see his jab landing when luke kicks.

Rockhold wont get him down. Ive seen enough from whittaker to know that he has probably the best defensive wrestling and tdd in the division and top 5 in the world (maybe). It will be decided on the feet and whittaker has shovels. He could get caught with a kick.... and rockhold might test his cardio.

Hopefully bisping can beat GSP and fight whittaker. Assuming rob wins then fight rockhold. Exciting times at middleweight.

lol it's very impressive but come one dude. Anderson Silva

I respect Anderson, but two important things.

Once you fail a PEDS test for steroids, you are going to take a back seat in regards to 'the best' in your division. The same goes for Jones.

Second, I feel overwhelmingly confident Whittaker, Romero, Weidman and Rockhold would have the same wins as Anderson if they fought the same opponents. The modern top middleweights beat any version of guys like Leben and Lutter. They are still beating up Marquardt, Cote and Leites.

Anderson came along at a time where he could put together a string of favorable style matchups. Sonnen beat the brakes off him taking 10-8 rounds on the cards. There is no version of Silva that ever beats Weidman or Romero etc.

rjmbrd....One of sherdog's true gems dropping the knowledge.

I will say I would have a really hard time picking the winner of that fight....IMO it's THE FIGHT in the division.

Thank you kindly.

What I am expecting to shake out:

Weidman vs Jacare

Romero vs Rockhold

Whittaker vs Bisping/GSP

Obviously injury can remix all of that, but the other wildcard would be Georges beating Bisping, then moving back to welterweight. Either way we have the makings of a nice series of title eliminators.

Whittaker would KTFO Luke in the 1st round

People dont inderstand how quickly the body can decline past 28. Testosterone drops, recovery is slower, aggressiveness mellows, reflexes slower, metabolism slower, making for weight cutting ever more difficult . It varies from person to person, but it keeps getting worse and worse. Ring rust, accumulated damage, and injuries don't help one bit.

Rockhold looked not just rusty, but aged, slower, drained and worn.
None of that is responsible for him backing up against the fence with his hand down eating punches from Branch though.

Back