After Hendricks whats next for GSP?

Reach4theSky

Playin' a riddim
@Gold
Reaction score
Lets say GSP beats Hendricks. Whats next for him?

He's already adamant that he will NOT fight Rory.

Will he retire?

In this interview he says there are ways around fighting Rory, is he hinting about retirement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr3P09PIwxE

Around the 4:20 mark on...(Sorry, forgot how to embed video's on here :icon_lol:)

For me, Hendricks dethrones GSP; however, if we assume that GSP somehow manages to grind out another dull 5 round decision victory, i could see him opting for a move up in weight.

move to MW, jk, but that'd be awesome. hopefully a catchweight fight with silva. it actually makes more sense for that fight now than ever. silva's loss kind of evens the playing field with GSP since he has a size disadvantage.

Rory MacDonald does not deserve a title shot yet anyway. His fight with Ellenberger was like a game of tag and he hasn't beaten Condit Hendricks or Nick Diaz!
Condit should be in line for next shot!

Rory MacDonald does not deserve a title shot yet anyway. His fight with Ellenberger was like a game of tag and he hasn't beaten Condit Hendricks or Nick Diaz!
I like Condit but if he beats Kampmann he'll be 1-2 in his last 3. Not exactly in line for a rematch.

I'm saying Damian Maia.

Rory MacDonald does not deserve a title shot yet!

I agree, GSP can rematch Condit or fight Maia and Rory can fight Lawlor or Eric Silva. Lots of fights to make before these have to decide.....assuming GSP wins.

I think he will but Hendricks comes across as a person who would make a good champ. Completely impressed with his demeanor at the press conference in Montreal.

If Rory wasn't GSP's homie, then he'd be the top pick.

Apart from him, Maia?

There's nothing left at ww except rematches.

I agree, GSP can rematch Condit or fight Maia and Rory can fight Lawlor or Eric Silva. Lots of fights to make before these have to decide.....assuming GSP wins.

I think he will but Hendricks comes across as a person who would make a good champ. Completely impressed with his demeanor at the press conference in Montreal.

As stated above, Condit is 1-2.

Lets say GSP beats Hendricks. Whats next for him?

He's already adamant that he will NOT fight Rory.

Will he retire?

In this interview he says there are ways around fighting Rory, is he hinting about retirement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr3P09PIwxE

Around the 4:20 mark on...(Sorry, forgot how to embed video's on here :icon_lol:)

Here's one person who is elated we'll never be subjected to the ultimate in snoozefests, Rory vs. GSP. What is it about the welterweight division that produces boring fighters?

Here's one person who is elated we'll never be subjected to the ultimate in snoozefests, Rory vs. GSP. What is it about the welterweight division that produces boring fighters?

Not sure the ww division produces boring fighters. But GSP vsRory would no doubt be a snooze-fest

He might try to defend the WW title a couple more times to eclipse Silva's record for most consecutive title defenses, after that who knows.

Back