Locked AEW CXVII: Mariah is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEW could learn a thing or three from this.

Or a couple of three things

the-blue-comet-the-sopranos.jpg

Because she can work. She is a great hand to have.

She is also hilarious on twitter, so she might be able to bring some of that out in a lesser PG environment.

She's been in the WWE for around 15 years if she had charisma or if she was able to bring some of that out surely we would have seen that by now, right? Her and Tamina they have been on the roster for so long yet I can't remember any significant feuds they were ever apart of.

They really can't do that, because of their bloated roster. They have like 40-50 people midcard or above.

Do you have Shane Taylor Productions have a weekly feud on your show with Private Party when Penta and Fenix aren't even being used?

TK has definitely become more worried about people eating losses. In the early days it didn't matter.

Need to go back to that, get the best people on the show you can.

If AEW didn't need to have nothing but 15-20+ minute "bangers" for every single fucking meaningless match, maybe they could fit feuds in for their lower card guys. A meaningful 5-7 minute match can be a "banger" as well if these guys learned how to tell a story in the ring. WCW Nitro and WCW Saturday Night would have 8-10 matches on a 2 hour show and everybody had some kind of feud going on and it was great.

This is one of the biggest problems with the booking. Its either a 15 to 20 minute banger or its a total squash vs a jobber like 99% of the time. It needs to be a spectrum.

That is why Joe vs Isiah went over so well. It was a less than 5 minute match where Joe took like 80% of it.....and it was fun. You can have those matches for 6/7 minutes even sometimes but they're too rare.

She's been in the WWE for around 15 years if she had charisma or if she was able to bring some of that out surely we would have seen that by now, right? Her and Tamina they have been on the roster for so long yet I can't remember any significant feuds they were ever apart of.

Yeah fair. Sometimes a new environment can give people a boost though. I'm thinking more in ring there are a lot of talents that could learn a thing or two with her i suspect. AEW isn't short on green but promising women.

TK has definitely become more worried about people eating losses. In the early days it didn't matter.

Need to go back to that, get the best people on the show you can.

I don't think its an accident the last time the TV was doing well was the C2. He was having stars vs stars and people were winning and losing clean.

Tony has been clearly afraid of doing 50/50 booking, which was a GIGANTIC problem in WWE for a decade. But you have to do it. And then you pick 3-4 people TOPS you never beat.

He's doing this weird system where he has 10-15 top people and they only wrestle midcarders and below on tv leading to the PPV matches. I just saw Rush wrestle a jobber and how does that help him? He should doing something with somebody at his level.

Its all so conservative. Its time for star vs star all the time.

Dynamite should have all the top programs.

Collision should be what's left.

Then Rampage gets what's leftover after Collision.

Tony Khan loves him some overrun announcements.

I don't think its an accident the last time the TV was doing well was the C2. He was having stars vs stars and people were winning and losing clean.

Tony has been clearly afraid of doing 50/50 booking, which was a GIGANTIC problem in WWE for a decade. But you have to do it. And then you pick 3-4 people TOPS you never beat.

He's doing this weird system where he has 10-15 top people and they only wrestle midcarders and below on tv leading to the PPV matches. I just saw Rush wrestle a jobber and how does that help him? He should doing something with somebody at his level.

Its all so conservative. Its time for star vs star all the time.

Dynamite should have all the top programs.

Collision should be what's left.

Then Rampage gets what's leftover after Collision.

The company has dozens of would-be stars and wannabe main eventers. Let them make their home on Rampage and make the show a proving ground. If they impress, move them up to Collision, and if they continue to improve give them a shot on Dynamite. If they can't hang, let them seek their fortunes elsewhere.

The most memorable thing Nattie has done in 15 years in WWE was her farting gimmick.

Ripping stank farts on Monday Night RAW is her career highlight.

The company has dozens of would-be stars and wannabe main eventers. Let them make their home on Rampage and make the show a proving ground. If they impress, move them up to Collision, and if they continue to improve give them a shot on Dynamite. If they can't hang, let them seek their fortunes elsewhere.
The WWF Attitude for N64/PS1 strategy!

Tony Khan loves him some overrun announcements.

My DVR still ignores the overrun for Dynamite despite taking an extra hour of record time. The cable companies just don’t recognize the overrun as Dynamite.

@bigShad

74bed1d2-d68b-492b-84ef-5f22175ac7bc_text.gif

Has made sure I’ll never see the end of a Dynamite again

My DVR still ignores the overrun for Dynamite despite taking an extra hour of record time. The cable companies just don’t recognize the overrun as Dynamite.

@bigShad

74bed1d2-d68b-492b-84ef-5f22175ac7bc_text.gif

Has made sure I’ll never see the end of a Dynamite again
He's saving you from yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back