AEW CXVII: Mariah is Upon Us

Copeland v Malakai in a barbed wire steel cage match at Double or Nothing!

If Black doesn't win this we can officially close the door on the HOB. Copeland doesn't need the belt, Black really doesn't either but could use it more than Cope. I actually think Brody should've won it. He always delivers.

That's a problem with AEW, in that they're becoming really formulaic, especially when they're trying to build someone up. Either have someone from ROH come up to AEW TV and lose, or take someone who hasn't been used in ages, have them won a match or two weeks prior, lose to who they really want to push, then disappear.

It's also why I miss Dark. An hour or two of enhancing, for free, on a popular platform. Getting rid of that was a big mistake.

The matches are still good, but they need to start mixing in an upset or two every once in a while.
I literally called it days ago with this match because it's the formula. I also miss Dark/Elevation. Helped build talent and get the lesser talent experience, everyone seemed to have fun because you'd see a random Angelico or whoever win and Daddy Magic/Paul Wight on commentary matched the fun.

If Black doesn't win this we can officially close the door on the HOB. Copeland doesn't need the belt, Black really doesn't either but could use it more than Cope. I actually think Brody should've won it. He always delivers.
I agree MB should win, Cope helped up his own name but at this point he's speed rounding through his desired matchups. Push him up the card or have him be like Danielson and float shows to fight random people he has on his final run checklist.
Scorpio Sky is still employed??
He came back for a random match and instantly got reinjured a while back.

I think pretty much everyone prefers Brody at this point. He's got a better look, he's a better wrestler, and actually wrestles like he wants to be in AEW. Buddy and Malakai sometimes look like they're phoning it in

I think pretty much everyone prefers Brody at this point. He's got a better look, he's a better wrestler, and actually wrestles like he wants to be in AEW. Buddy and Malakai sometimes look like they're phoning it in
Brody is a cool dude outside of the ring on top of having a badass look, he can come out after not wrestling for a while and get the crowd going too. They'd be smart to start pushing him as it does seem like the other 2 are ready to go back. He even was solo out there in a suit with Julia Hart each time so those 2 could branch off easily.

Brody been an Ozy guy from day 1.

Scorpio Sky came off like a motivational speaker in that promo.

I wonder if he goes with Jericho and his "learning tree" schtick.
His forced type delivery could work in a group like the Learning Tree, where he can be sarcastic and his delivery sounds fake will work to his benefit lol. Hell Ethan Page would have been perfect for this group, a sarcastic mic worker and he's on social media all the time but too late for that.

Dude Nick Wayne is good. I've seen him wrestle countless times it's insane what he's doing at his age.

He hasn't impressed me. If it weren't for his mother, and then the association with Christian, he'd be an afterthought.

He hasn't impressed me. If it weren't for his mother, and then the association with Christian, he'd be an afterthought.

Nick Wayne is a good wrestler, but just bring a good wrestler doesn't seem to cut it anymore, as wrestling is full of them.

I think that he can be very successful down the line, though he has to grow a bit and do the right things.

Nick Wayne is a good wrestler, but just bring a good wrestler doesn't seem to cut it anymore, as wrestling is full of them.

I think that he can be very successful down the line, though he has to grow a bit and do the right things.

Agreed. Like I said about the new Kid. A little mass, some seasoning, he could be solid.

Google suggestion on my phone (I only catch the odd Dynamite these days)

Former WWE Attitude Era star turns up on AEW Collision to confront The Young Bucks; issues a challenge​

Christopher Daniels 😑

Former WWE Attitude Era star turns up on AEW Collision to confront The Young Bucks; issues a challenge​

Christopher Daniels 😑
I actually can't even be mad at that level of clickbait. That's hilarious

Christopher Daniels 😑

That man didn't break his neck live on WCW Nitro to be called a WWE star.

I remember when he debuted as Switchblade in New Japan proper. I was very unhappy that he was the newest BC leader but God damn, did he become my favorite one. One of my favorite overall wrestlers going today.

Back