Under review Ads pushing the formatting around

Pop up ads blocking so you cant even see what youre replying. 3 different ads taking up half of my screen. Is staff going to wait until people leave to fix an obvious problem?

I closed them out and had this pop up before i was even done creating this threadIMG_8419.png

Lol, this forum is a mess right now. Clorox ads taking over the outside border every 10 seconds. Others ad pop-ups every 5 seconds, ads between posts, etc. I understand the site needs to promote but this is too much. It completely ruins the browsing experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_170317_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_170317_Chrome.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 9
Are the ads going out of control? On mobile (chrome on android) and desktop (firefox), things are getting shifted around and ads are appearing over text. On mobile, it looks like there's an ad between every single post in a thread, and on desktop, I'm seeing things like this:
odoFWLJ.png

Don't have any screens from mobile because it's been wildly inconsistent, but the blanks that appear above are filled with ads that go under the text of the thread titles.
I was just fussing about this recently myself.

I was just fussing about this recently myself.
I've got a few screenshots to upload once I get my computer working again. It's crazy the amount of ads that are between posts and at the end of threads and multiple ads overlaying the content, but moves around, so you have to wait around before closing it. And sometimes, they appear  behind posts.

I've got a few screenshots to upload once I get my computer working again. It's crazy the amount of ads that are between posts and at the end of threads and multiple ads overlaying the content, but moves around, so you have to wait around before closing it. And sometimes, they appear  behind posts.
All of that, and that god forsaken laundry detergent one with the full screen purple border, it just keeps coming back every like five seconds. It's bad.

Why is sherdog spaming me with a new add after each site I go to. Like each new page opened new add. Spammy hard to click away. What is wrong with you
Yeah, the redirect thing is still a problem too. Randomly, pages will just redirect to another site. That's been an issue on and off for a while

Last edited:
Yeah, the redirect thing is still a problem too. Randomly, pages will just redirect to another site. That's been an issue on and off for a while

Overnight I get suddenly adds on esch refresh om mobile. Like can't get rid of them, blocking buttons

These were all screenshotted between March 3rd and yesterday. (I'm doing a font color and boldness because posting multiple screenshots of a site on the site itself is giving me a headache, and I figured this would help break up the images).

Very top of a thread. 2 full ads load before and behind the title, plus a bottom banner
GSeL0Nv.png

Between the first few posts of a thread, a half and mini ad, then another mini ad that loads behind the next post. Plus the bottom banner, except now the bottom banner is higher than usual because it moves around and can cause you to click stuff instead of closing the ad, plus a side banner, which you need to wait some time before closing it.
cWCqTLr.png

Again between posts, more mini ads load, but I guess because they're minis, that's why there's a bunch of blank space between them, to make space for the size, and again the next ad loads behind the post.
xX1Acdt.png

And this is what it can sometimes look like on small threads between the last post of a thread and the reply box. At least 7 mini ads.
oCXmOuX.png

Last edited:
I normally don’t comment on threads about ads, I get it they’re necessary. However recently all the ads are slowing down the user experience. Now videos are popping up and automatically playing. It’s becoming kind of a chore to post here.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how to turm this shit off?

How did sherdog not realize this during the upgrade that such heavy advertising was going to piss users off enough to quit?

You cant navigate shit with ads popping up everywhere
Bro you are being selfish. You gotta think about the Sherdog admins. They are making that Anderson Silva money!

VcAEGqK.gif

Back