Adriano Martins, Hacran Días, Carlos Felipe and Henrique da Silva 4 brazilians join the f/a pool

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
2017 has been a difficult year for Brazilian fighters competing inside the Octagon, and four of the five who’ve reportedly been let go are from that country. Combate reported that lightweight Adriano Martins, featherweight Hacran Dias, light heavyweight Henrique da Silva, and the suspended heavyweight Carlos Felipe have all been given the pink slip.

Martins (28-9) suffered consecutive losses to Leo Santos and Kajan Johnson, the latter by third-round knockout. The 35-year-old held a UFC record of 4-3, including wins over Rustam Khabilov, Daron Cruickshank, and Islam Makhachev.

Dias (23-6-1) saw all eight of his UFC fights go the distance, but his 3-5 record and current 0-3 stretch spelled doom for the Nova Uniao fighter. A fringe contender at featherweight, Dias’ last bout saw him take on Jared Gordon at lightweight, and Gordon demolished him in the final two rounds to take a lopsided decision.

Henrique da Silva (12-4), also known as “Frankenstein,” started out by winning his first two UFC bouts, but he would lose his next four, including a couple of knockouts vs. Gokhan Saki and Ion Cutelaba in recent months.

Carlos Felipe (8-0) never even stepped foot inside the Octagon, as he was busted by USADA for steroid use. He was supposed to fight Christian Colombo at UFC Sao Paulo last month, but instead he got banned for two years.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...r-brazilians-removed-from-ufc-roster-mma-news

Adriano had some good wins. Probably ACB, FNG, or PFL for most of these guys. Wouldn't hurt Bellator 205 division to add Frankenstein De Silva

Wouldn't hurt Bellator 205 division to add Frankenstein De Silva
agree. guy is young was undefeated just a year ago and has 92% ko ratio. i say give him one or two easy wins and then feed to Phil Davis.

agree. guy is young was undefeated just a year ago and has 92% ko ratio. i say give him one or two easy wins and then feed to Phil Davis.
Gokhan lit him up as we know. But de Silva put it too him near the end so I am a fan. His last two losses are to badass kickboxers.
Him in Bellator against Nemkov or Cavalcante would be cool too see

Felipe will probably end up having some fights in Aspera, and will then get picked up by a russian org or Brave.

I say they will probably sign with ACB. They have been signing a lot of brazilian fighters lately and even had an event in brazil

Gomi is in Rizin, wonder if they sacrifice him to Kron.

Rest I mean I guess orgs in Brazil, Russia, who knows. Hacran is a major disappointment. Remember when he was ranked number 1 FW prospect in mma and people had high hopes for him.

Doubt any of them end up in Bellator unless they do a card in Brazil and use them for undercard.

Gomi is in Rizin, wonder if they sacrifice him to Kron.

Rest I mean I guess orgs in Brazil, Russia, who knows. Hacran is a major disappointment. Remember when he was ranked number 1 FW prospect in mma and people had high hopes for him.

Doubt any of them end up in Bellator unless they do a card in Brazil and use them for undercard.
Probably da Silva can be added to Bellator, the need challengers for Bader, since he is in the gp, so I assume no title defenses this year at lhw. Him vs Vassell vs leite or vs Davis makes sense imo.

Yachi already Challenge Gomi for nye! That can be a good fight also, I see Gomi loosing to either him or Kron

Wish they had kept Martins. I'd like to see Martins and Gomi in Rizin. Dias and da Silva can either go to Aspera or ACB, and Felipe should probably just wait out his suspension.

I wish the ufc kept Martins. He was a super legit light weight fighter with some good wins. Wouldn't mind him showing up in bellator

Back