@Orange
Reaction score
**Opponent 1:**

Name: Israel Adesanya

Nickname: The Last Stylebender

Fighting out of: Auckland, NZ

Height: 1.93 m

Reach: 203 cm

Style: Striker (mainly kickboxing based)

Fighting since: 2010

The first contestant in this superfight is none other than the middleweight champion himself, Israel Adesanya. A competitor since 2010, he has proven himself to be a legend in not only his weight class but the sport as a whole. With over a decades worth of experience, Adesanya is a formidable and scary opponent for any contender coming for his title. His only loss as of yet in the division is Alex “Poatan” Pereira, whose loss he avenged in April. His long reach combined with the myriad of styles he has mastered as his nickname implies with championships in boxing, MMA, and kickboxing makes him one of the toughest fighters in the sport currently.

**Opponent 2:**

Name: Khamzat Chimaev

Nickname: Borz

Fighting out of: Stockholm, SE

Height: 1.88 m

Reach: 190 cm

Style: Wrestling (mainly freestyle based)

Fighting since: 2018

The challenger in this superfight is none other than the notorious up and coming Khamzat Chimaev himself. Formerly a dedicated Welterweight fighter, Khamzat’s possibility of moving up to Middleweight is a move that is highly beneficial to the UFC since Adesanya will have real competition for the belt instead of people not on his level in terms of fighting ability. Undefeated in the sport, virtually all of Chimaev’s wins are finishes excluding the decision win over Gilbert Burns. Because of the proportion of finishes to decisions he has, Chimaev is a very tough opponent for anyone to face in the Octagon. His ability to get people to the ground and use his wrestling to his advantage make him all the more scary to face. Khamzat’s wrestling is arguably as good as Adesanya’s striking, making him the perfect opponent for Israel in my eyes.

**Who wins?**

Personally, I believe this fight could go either way depending on which fighter used their strengths the best and who the smarter fighter is. If Adesanya uses his longer range to his advantage and keeps the fight standing up, the fight is most likely in his hands with his superior stand up game. However, if Adesanya plays Chimaev’s game and ends up on the ground against Chimaev, the fight will most likely be in Chimaev’s hands with his superior ground game. Overall, a fight of 2 completely different styles with equally talented and dangerous opponents makes not only for an interesting bout but an entertaining one as well as the 2 styles that make up the sport itself clash. Overall, a fight that I want to see and one that is hopefully made soon.

Anyone who thinks this fight doesnt sell more than any other Izzy fight is delusional.

Anyone who thinks this fight doesnt sell more than any other Izzy fight is delusional.
What I’m saying. Never expected this opinion to be so controversial but apparently it is somehow…

A superfight would be Jones vs Izzy.....Khamzat hasn't done anything for his fight with izzy to be called a superfight.

Back