Adesanya Hype

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
Is Adesanya just another hype train waiting to be derailed?

We've seen it before haven't we?,(Till, Ngannou, Conor)
Slick striker/KO power, climbing the ranks fast, exuberant personality, full of energy, UFC all in on him, etc..

Will he run into someone next fight( I assume if he were to win, Title shot next) that will expose him and it all comes crashing down , back to square A1 once again?

Discuss

Last edited:
He is for real though

Very good TDD. (Conor was taken down by Siver)
Best striker in the division
Good ground fighter.
Good cardio

Cardio and fight IQ sets him apart of other "hype trains"

I agree, but he's not as overhyped as the one in your AV.

Is Adesanya just another hype train waiting to be detailed?
Discuss

I have never heard of a hype train being detailed before.

Tho i think his upside is high, but if the soldier of god reaches him, i don't see him beating him. You survive Romero at best. He can beat anyone else in the division except maybe Rochold

Is Adesanya just another hype train waiting to be detailed?
High-Performance-Auto-Detailing.jpg

he stuffed brunsons takedowns for like 4 minutes then got the job done in the last minute lmao hes pretty good

He's top ten but I think the top guys eat him right now. I am not sold on his takedown defense.

his extensive kickboxing background gives him more depth than some other hype trains but his undefeated record won’t last through the mw top 5

lol at your username

you mug

there's only one GOAT

DrjGGlGXcAAwGQY.jpg

He's not like the other guys you mentioned in the sense that none of them were high level kickboxers before entering MMA.

Unless Pereira develops an MMA game and his striking translates as well as adesanya's then he is legitimately the best striker in the division.

Pereira could fuck some dudes up tho.

He's not like the other guys you mentioned in the sense that none of them were high level kickboxers before entering MMA.

Unless Pereira develops an MMA game and his striking translates as well as adesanya's then he is legitimately the best striker in the division.

Pereira could fuck some dudes up tho.

Rewatch Adesanya-Pereira.
Adesanya dominated the whole fight and got KOd by Hail Mary.

I'm not saying Pereira isn't legit kickboxer, but he doesn't possess skills as Adesanya's even though he has a win over him

With the current state of how fighters are hyped nowadays by the media etc, Till, Ngannuo. I need to see Adensaya against someone with a wrestling heavy game, other than that his striking is amazing. But I haven't bought the hype.

Rewatch Adesanya-Pereira.
Adesanya dominated the whole fight and got KOd by Hail Mary.

I'm not saying Pereira isn't legit kickboxer, but he doesn't possess skills as Adesanya's even though he has a win over him
I was more talking about what Pereira has done overall but touche. I only watch a few glory fights here and there but he has 2 wins over adesanya and beat simon marcus 2x as well. He's about as dominant as any MW has been. My point was more that I like seeing high level kickboxers and muay thai in MMA since the style is entertaining and puts peope to sleep off their feet.

But adesanya is the truth either way. Would love to see him tested by another guy with a high level grappling base but other than Yoel IDK who it would be. And yoel is too much right now imo.

Is Adesanya just another hype train waiting to be derailed?

We've seen it before haven't we?,(Till, Ngannou, Conor)
Slick striker/KO power, climbing the ranks fast, exuberant personality, full of energy, UFC all in on him, etc..

Will he run into someone next fight( I assume if he were to win, Title shot next) that will expose him and it all comes crashing down , back to square A1 once again?

Discuss

Kind of a silly question. There's only a handful of fighters who never ran into anyone who exposed them, and that's debatable. Virtually everyone loses eventually. And those who don't have luck on their side.

Depends what you considered derailed. Do you insist on fighters never losing, never coming across a style challenge that they couldn't instantly surmount? Then I suspect Israel will disappoint you, but that won't mean he isn't legitimately elite.

I was more talking about what Pereira has done overall but touche. I only watch a few glory fights here and there but he has 2 wins over adesanya and beat simon marcus 2x as well. He's about as dominant as any MW has been. My point was more that I like seeing high level kickboxers and muay thai in MMA since the style is entertaining and puts peope to sleep off their feet.

But adesanya is the truth either way. Would love to see him tested by another guy with a high level grappling base but other than Yoel IDK who it would be. And yoel is too much right now imo.

After Brunson, I'd like to see him against ANY top MW.

Not sure about Romero though...he's a cheater that cannot make weight...not a real MW for 2 years already.
I don't want a clean and fair fighter to struggle with a known cheater

His TDD has been impressive thus far not gonna lie. We will see how it measures up against the championship caliber of the division.

The reason I think he'll lose is because he actually gets hit a lot. Even though his stroking is crisp and slick, everybody from Vetorri, Tavares to even Brunson has tagged him.

If a Romero or Costa land one or two of those shots, he could stumble on to queer street real quick.

Depends what you considered derailed. Do you insist on fighters never losing, never coming across a style challenge that they couldn't instantly surmount? Then I suspect Israel will disappoint you, but that won't mean he isn't legitimately elite.

Well shit, if he can't be a top 5 MW it would mean exactly that wouldn't it?

After Brunson, I'd like to see him against ANY top MW.

Not sure about Romero though...he's a cheater that cannot make weight...not a real MW for 2 years already.
I don't want a clean and fair fighter to struggle with a known cheater
He needs to make weight. No excuses for that. He shouldn't have gotten the title shot off winning a fight where he missed weight.

However, if he does I have no problem with him fighting at MW and he is one of the top 2 in the world. And he would be a huge test for style bender.

There have been shenanigans for sure though.

Back