ADDUCTOR LONGUS PAİN HELPP

Ensar Alparslan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
im a youngster and had 2 Groin strains/pulls so far since starting KİCKBOXİNG(4 Months or so).The trainers were very impressed and i have alot of goals i want to reach but there is one problem:İ always get some pain in my adductor muscles area and cant train for atleast 1 month then.All my trainers are impressed with me and i want to move on to muay thay , but my main goal is to become more flexible and know how to treat these kind of groin strains.What kind of exercises would you reccomend that will work and cure it?
Thanks beforehand
peace

Trust me i do this for a living.
Stretch the fuck out of your adductors.

1- stretch with your legs straight if not you miss the gracilis/inner femoral straight muscle.
2- never stretch to the point you feel pain because then you are hurting yourself.
3- this is very important. Dont bounce. Stretch to the point just before it becomes painful and COUNT 15 SECONDS. If you stretch for less time your muscle will not STAY stretched wich is what you want.
4-do this every day before going to sleep so your muscles stay relaxed and elongated for hours before you use them.

Cheers

Wow almost forgot. Double the amount of water you drink dayly. Dehidration is asking for a muscle tear. You should never feel thirsty (except after workout obviously) and your piss should be a clear light yellow.

Trust me i do this for a living.
Stretch the fuck out of your adductors.

1- stretch with your legs straight if not you miss the gracilis/inner femoral straight muscle.
2- never stretch to the point you feel pain because then you are hurting yourself.
3- this is very important. Dont bounce. Stretch to the point just before it becomes painful and COUNT 15 SECONDS. If you stretch for less time your muscle will not STAY stretched wich is what you want.
4-do this every day before going to sleep so your muscles stay relaxed and elongated for hours before you use them.

Cheers

Wow almost forgot. Double the amount of water you drink dayly. Dehidration is asking for a muscle tear. You should never feel thirsty (except after workout obviously) and your piss should be a clear light yellow.

I'm assuming a thought AL could contribute to APT. Would that be correct?

AL = adductor longus.

APT = anterior pelvic tilt.

Yes sir you are correct it does contribute to APT for sure specially standing. Shortened AL traccions downwards its proximal/cefalic insertion on the pubic bone and thus rotates the pelvis on the sagital plane creating the APT.
As do shortened iliopsoas and anterior straight femoral muscles wich is probably the case withTS who apparently doesnt stretch enough.

Back