Adding MMA lessons to boxing?

M0ller

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So i recently started boxing for fun and to learn the art for self defence.

I was a little confused if i should choose kickboxing or boxing, but i was told boxing was the best to self defence, because kicks can be limited. But i have been thinking about when im done with my degrees this summer and gets a job, to take up private lessons in mma, nothing much just once a week, to get the basics, and make me more all around as a fighter. Would you guys think that is a good idea, and would be benefiticial to my boxing, which i my main priority still.

So boxing 2-3 times a week, and mma 1 time.

Take regular classes. Privates aren't that good for MMA. There is too much to learn for that hour. I think it's ok when you have some working knowledge and want to work on specific things though.

Aren t you in the grappling forum asking about judo as well?

So i recently started boxing for fun and to learn the art for self defence.

I was a little confused if i should choose kickboxing or boxing, but i was told boxing was the best to self defence, because kicks can be limited. But i have been thinking about when im done with my degrees this summer and gets a job, to take up private lessons in mma, nothing much just once a week, to get the basics, and make me more all around as a fighter. Would you guys think that is a good idea, and would be benefiticial to my boxing, which i my main priority still.

So boxing 2-3 times a week, and mma 1 time
Mma Private lessons are a great way to practice and get good at some things a lot faster. You can usually find some local fighters that are either high-level amateurs or low level professionals who can teach you some fundamentals and they generally won’t charge much compared to coaches.

MMA will only help your self defense or whatever man. Plus it’s fun

I would go for boxing+ wrestling if you train self defence, worked awesome for me in door work atleast

Best option of course is to get rich and hire people to fight for you

Back