Aaron pico wow

Thc Sargon

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
They say he was a great prospect. They say he was ready for the big time. They say he was going to be a champion. In 90 seconds everything was debunked. Guillotine in 90 seconds. WOW!!

I remember when Bellator signed him that the UFC was upset and also started the training prospects contracts. I bet they are relieved they didn't sign him.

Really nobody should ever be calling someone they've never seen fight "the greatest prospect ever". Pico should have had an amateur fight (or five) first, and he definitely shouldn't have been fighting someone bigger who had ten fights.

At the same time a bunch of great fighters have had early career blunders.

Really nobody should ever be calling someone they've never seen fight "the greatest prospect ever". Pico should have had an amateur fight (or five) first, and he definitely shouldn't have been fighting someone bigger who had ten fights.

At the same time a bunch of great fighters have had early career blunders.
I agree with your first part. He should have amateur fights or pro fights against lessor competition. MMA has something to learn from boxing.
Of course he can recover but he looked terrible. Blunders are different from looking bad.

I wanted Pico to win, but even a professional fighter with 10 fights (I believe his opponent was 8-2), knows what to expect in a fight. Pico did not.

Would still pick Pico to wipe the floor with Gallagher though :p

He's young and has plenty of time to come back strong. Odds are still good that if he pursues it, he'll have at least a very solid MMA career imo. He basically walked into his opponent, showed no respect, and got caught and finished in a flash. It's not a bad way to lose and one that's easy to learn from. At least he didn't get a sustained beating.

I also think it's strange he didn't get some amateur or semi-pro MMA bouts in as preparation too.

They have to stop hyping young guys like sage and pico. Its terrible for their careers. mama fans are the worst in the world. If a fighter loses one fight they are shit.

He's young, but that was a bad, bad loss. Not the he's young, he'll come back stronger type of loss. It was more like a maybe this kid shouldn't be fighting type of loss.

Cub Swanson was tapped in 15 second in his first fight. Cyborg, Glover, Fitch, Jacare, Arlovski, etc.

If Pico gets too excited and walks into a punch in his next fight against another rookie 145'er, then maybe it'll be worth having a strong take about his progression.

Bellator basically CM Punk'd him, setting him up for failure against a 10 fight vet. He should have been on the undercard against a newcomer, not getting embarrassed on the main card. Pico did himself no favors by trying to show off his skill set that he was working on and not the skill set that made him so highly touted.

At the end of the day, bellator is gonna bellator.

They have to stop hyping young guys like sage and pico. Its terrible for their careers. mama fans are the worst in the world. If a fighter loses one fight they are shit.

People think that way because they're sick of 20-year olds being shoved down their throats as GOAT fighters and human beings in general.

If millennials had *any* clue how to handle even the slightest adversity, that would be nice as well.

I do feel bad for him, but not to the point where I'll be losing sleep over it or even remembering who he was in a month or so. Those of us over 35 were expected to shrug off bigger setbacks than this at his age like water off a duck's back. And we did.

Actually losses in MMA don't matter nearly as much as in boxing where they pick and choose fights until their guy is like 30-0 and finally starts getting dangerous match ups.

They say he was a great prospect. They say he was ready for the big time. They say he was going to be a champion. In 90 seconds everything was debunked. Guillotine in 90 seconds. WOW!!

I remember when Bellator signed him that the UFC was upset and also started the training prospects contracts. I bet they are relieved they didn't sign him.
Meisha Tate's second fight...
tumblr_n5upkuDfYH1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

The entire story isn't written in the first chapter.

Baffled that they put him up against a guy who was 8-2. Whoever books Bellator... yeesh.

You keep saying 90 second but that was 20 seconds homie

Bellator gave him a guy who is 9-2 for his debut and has fought for a belt before. Big mistake. Pico needed to fight a guy making his debut too or with only a few fights like 2 or 3.

Fortunately Erick Silva, the hottest prospect of all, is continuing his streak.

Not really, we still have high hopes on Erick Silva

EDIT: Beat me to it @OneManGang

The situation sort of reminds me of how the Japanese were so high on Omigawa as a prospect and then for his first fight they give him Aaron Riley. Wtf?

Ya know how first-appearance UFC performances that aren't as great as expected, is attributed to 'UFC Jitters?'

Well, Pico made his Pro-debut (his first ever professional MMA fight), on a Bellator main card, in Madison Square Garden NYC, on the organization's biggest PPV ever.

Can't give him shit for choking on this one.

Back