A vastly apropos question for this specific sub-forum: Why do you like Conor?

The Big Bang

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I find him to be the worst "face" of the UFC since Ronda, but that's besides the point.

Why do YOU like him?

Seriously, what is it about him that you find so compelling?

It seems wholly evident to me that he brings out the worst in people in terms of utter fanaticism...again, akin to Ronda.

Yes, he is wildly $ucce$$ful...but apart from that, the word CRINGE doesn't begin to describe his vapid persona in the least...in my perspective anyway.

Kudos to him for making $$$$$$ in the fight game, but other than that...what is there to like?

He is utterly deluded.

He is holier than thou.

He is the biggest DOUCHE prima donna "star" the UFC has ever seen.

He has far beyond horrid taste in terms of style...and the way he is constantly pea-cocking is pure comedy of the lamest magnitude.

He is not witty.

He is not confident, he is ARROGANT, and that only gets one so far when talent is lacking.

Even after Floyd beat the Irish BACK INTO HIM, (he never sounded more Irish than in the ring after the fight) he is still butt-hurt in spite of making $$$$$$... He looks and sounds like a bitter old husk of a man.

In the end...I don't see him fighting very much longer, and like Ronda before him, the UFC will be all the better.

I agree with you, TS. The worst face of the UFC is a nice way to put it.

cause heels are cool, they get to be loud and obnoxious and all of that. white meat babyfaces are boring as shit

All those things you mentioned about him were actually good things because it was nice to watch him defenseless against Mayweather.

I liked how he kept bringing up Bruce Lee in the Mayweather build up but couldn't deliver the Bruce Lee shit. He's pretty much the modern day version of those actors who imitated Bruce Lee after he died. Connor McGregor is the ultimate fake Bruce Lee.

I find him to be the worst "face" of the UFC since Ronda, but that's besides the point.

Why do YOU like him?

It seems wholly evident to me that he brings out the worst in people in terms of utter fanaticism...again, akin to Ronda.

Yes, he is wildly $ucce$$ful...but apart from that, the word CRINGE doesn't begin to describe his vapid persona in the least...in my perspective anyway.

Kudos to him for making $$$$$$ in the fight game, but other than that...what is there to like?

He is utterly deluded.

He is holier than thou.

He has far beyond horrid taste in terms of style...and the way he is constantly pea-cocking is pure comedy of the lamest magnitude.

He is not witty.

He is not confident, he is ARROGANT, and that only gets one so far when talent is lacking.

Even after Floyd beat the Irish BACK INTO HIM, (he never sounded more Irish than in the ring after the fight) he is still butt-hurt in spite of making $$$$$$... He looks and sounds like a bitter old husk of a man.

In the end...I don't see him fighting very much longer, and like Ronda before him, the UFC will be all the better.

Calm down, it's going to be ok.

All those things you mentioned about him were actually good things because it was nice to watch him defenseless against Mayweather.

I liked how he kept bringing up Bruce Lee in the Mayweather build up but couldn't deliver the Bruce Lee shit. He's pretty much the modern day version of those actors who imitated Bruce Lee after he died. Connor McGregor is the ultimate fake Bruce Lee.

Whoa.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Conner's talk of "Bruce Lee shit" is really what opened my mind to seeing what Connor would bring. I honest to God believed that he was going to effectively incorporate Lee's principles of combat.

Bruce Lee shit is "like a finger pointing to the moon... concentrate too much on the finger, and you miss all the heavenly glory.

And Conner concentrated too much on the finger. He was too preoccupied with thinking he was going to introduce all of these Bruce Lee concepts by showing new stances, moves and paradigms to the boxing world, too focused on his "neo boxing", when the reality of "Bruce Lee shit" applied to boxing is very simple:

Five ways of attack

1. Single Direct Attack (SDA)
  2. Attack By Combination (ABC)
  3. Progressive Indirect Attack (PIA)
  4. (Hand) Immobilization Attack (HIA)
  5. Attack By Drawing (ABD)

It was painfully obvious that Floyd Mayweather's Jeet Kune Do was superior to Conner's.

Lee concluded that a punch is really nothing but a punch. Therefore, boxing is really just boxing. McGregor treated boxing as though it were more than just simply boxing and this is why he is the Ultimate Fake Bruce Lee.

It perplexes me too. He's like the MMA version of Kim Kardashian.

Why anyone likes him - let alone many millions - is too bizarre for words. He's just an obnoxious, odious little cretin. One of the least likeable people I've ever seen.

It perplexes me too. He's like the MMA version of Kim Kardashian.

Why anyone likes him - let alone many millions - is too bizarre for words. He's just an obnoxious, odious little cretin. One of the least likeable people I've ever seen.

It boggles the mind.

Your comparison to Kim Kardashian is super on point.

The USA tends to REWARD narcissism...as it can be a reflection on the self-absorbed masses...

...it's precisely why Trump is the president. O_O

Gross.

I like him because be Always put on exciting fights, but I dislike the favoritism hes been shown and his cult following.

Why do YOU like him?

He is utterly deluded.

He is holier than thou.

He is not witty.

I find him entertaining, which most UFC fighters really aren't. He is most things you listed, but deep down he is a good guy. I always liked him. Like i said, he is just entertaining. Both inside and outside the octagon.

Now, i agree that he brings the worst out of people. And that's what i don't like. With him came the worst fanbase i've seen in combat sports since ever. Dumb kids, delusional assholes, retarded casuals, soccer type fans, etc. It gets bad when people take everything he does too seriously and start emulating him, talking like him, being arrogant like him, repeating what he says and failing to see the most obvious things. It's like they don't realize he is an entertainer and they're nothing more than basement rats.

Since this whole MayMac thing i no longer like him as much as i used to. I think there's a limit for everything. And i can tolerate a lot, but it comes to a point where everything becomes too much and loses the appeal. I love pizza, but i'm not sure i would wanna eat it everyday at every single meal.

The fanaticism surrounding him became just too much. People look at him as god. It's not logical anymore. It's like they're all in WWE mode all the time because of this guy. He's got too out of control also. His persona is cool, but again, he crossed some lines. There's only so much you can do and say without starting to look pathetic. When you talk more shit than anyone, and i repeat ANYONE in the history of combat sports, and then, not only you fail to back it up, but get utterly destroyed by the guy you disrespected so much, you automatically become a joke. It's just the rules of the game.

You can't walk around saying you're the best without actually being the best. You're only gonna be able to do that for so long. His delusional fans are persistent and difficult to wake up. They're under a vicious spell. But even those will disappear if this guy continues being that out of control and loses a couple more fights.

When you talk more shit than anyone, and i repeat ANYONE in the history of combat sports, and then, not only you fail to back it up, but get utterly destroyed by the guy you disrespected so much, you automatically become a joke. It's just the rules of the game.

You can't walk around saying you're the best without actually being the best. You're only gonna be able to do that for so long. His delusional fans are persistent and difficult to wake up. They're under a vicious spell. But even those will disappear if this guy continues being that out of control and loses a couple more fights.

Well fucking said.

I am only quoting part of your reply, but all of it does resonate.

Why do YOU like him?

He is utterly deluded.

He is holier than thou.

He is not witty.

You hate him, but you cannot stop talking about him. You make thread after thread. You are obsessed with the man. You are obsessed with someone you hate.

What does that say about you?

You hate him, but you cannot stop talking about him. You make thread after thread. You are obsessed with the man. You are obsessed with someone you hate.

What does that say about you?

I care about the UFC bro, hence voicing disapproval at the aspects that I personally find appalling.

You can love him all you want.

Good for you.

I don't live him, and I love ufc too. I too do not lime the fact that he has held up two belts. If he does not fight for the belt, then he should be stripped.

As far as what he has done for the ufc. No one can deny he has made ufc more popular, and made ufc a lot of money.

And it is obvious the Conor we see in front of the camera is completely different off the camera. Ufc fighters have said this many times.

He knew what he had to do to get popular, to the point where haters are obsessed with him too.

Both have made him popular, and made him rich.

I don't live him, and I love ufc too. I too do not lime the fact that he has held up two belts. If he does not fight for the belt, then he should be stripped.

As far as what he has done for the ufc. No one can deny he has made ufc more popular, and made ufc a lot of money.

And it is obvious the Conor we see in front of the camera is completely different off the camera. Ufc fighters have said this many times.

He knew what he had to do to get popular, to the point where haters are obsessed with him too.

Both have made him popular, and made him rich.

You and I have fundamentally differing views on how the UFC should conduct themselves as a business.

Whereas you seem cool with the UFC pushing "stars" to the forefront...I find that tactic to be an utter disservice to EVERYONE IN THE ROSTER AS A WHOLE.

All the while, it comes off as a huge farce...akin to the WWE.

If the UFC was a real SPORT, then...they would act like it.

Alas, it's almost entirely for entertainment purposes.

Oh well.

Back