A question to anyone who's owned winning facesaver headgear.

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Chris G, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Chris G White Belt

Chris G
    I'm looking to get a facesaver head gear. I've found online a good price for a used one, although I'm just a little nervous about it possibly being fake.

At my gym, I've used my friend's FG-5000 and the sticker on the inside of the headgear says "FG-5000 M Made in Japan", also online I've seen the same stickers. The one I'm interested in says just M made in Japan. I'm aware winning redesigned their headgear , and maybe that is the reason the sticker is different. But to anyone who has owned it, can they remember what the sticker looked like, id hate to get a counterfeit one.

Attached Files:

2. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    got any more pics? Think it's real, but the one in the back looks a little suspicious. I know that recently winning updated the fg5000 (last five years or so), so the tags might be a little different.

3. hangulmalmotayo Blue Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    Looks real to me. It's strange that it doesn't have the top laces. What's the deal with that?

4. Chris G White Belt

Chris G
    I do not have any more pictures of the head gear I am interested in, I do have a picture of my friend's fg-5000 which he purchased a few weeks ago. In this picture you could see the sticker being different, but yeah that was my only question, as you said it may be Winning redesigning the headgear, I am going to see it in person so that is a plus. Thank you for your response.

Attached Files:

5. Chris G White Belt

Chris G
    True, I did not even notice that, I will bring that up asap!

6. Brucemix White Belt

Brucemix
    Hi, probably a bit late cos I just spotted this thread, but I got a Medium FG-5000 3 weeks ago and on the same label it says "MADE IN JAPAN FG-5000 M" (3 rows). And yes, it should have the top laces as well! Hope you got the real one!

7. hangulmalmotayo Blue Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    I'm getting rid of my black FG5000 (L) btw. If anyone is interested send me a PM.