A possible Iran war with minimal US forces on the ground

Yes. You do realize that this made it easier for Iran to kill US soldiers in Iraq right?

and?

Blame the neocon fucks who sent the american soldiers into a hornets nest. Patriotic Iraqi's driving away invaders of their country is not terrorism. They are under no obligation to accept American rule of their country.

Please

Is this the excuse you're going with. These are basic facts of life at the moment. Your argument seems to be 'anything is possible' regardless of the facts.

This is like an eagle, a salmon, an otter and a bear getting together to fight a kangaroo.

you are talking about medium powerful countries in Turkey and pakistan that are not ´moral´ free places and that have kissed saudi ass. You also talking about US military strongest on earth. It not crazy to think large islamic arab and turkish and pakistani and american and british coalition can defeat iran.

Reality check: of those countries: Turkey, NATO, Pakistan and Egypt would not partake in any such conflict. Saudi can't even get those countries to participate in Yemen. Saudi and Turkish relations are at an all time low. Iran and Pakistan are energy dependent. Trump won't be able to rally NATO to attack Iran. Egypt can barely feed its people, and is turning away from Saudi.

Sometimes a basic knowledge of politics is required to have these discussions. FFS this is embarassing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2015/03/military-action-yemen-150326143748798.html

32714cea3e30456db402e8fe4c82e52e_6.png

and?

Blame the neocon fucks who sent the american soldiers into a hornets nest. Patriotic Iraqi's driving away invaders of their country is not terrorism. They are under no obligation to accept American rule of their country.

O, you seem to be under the impression you've provided convincing evidence that Iranians didn't kill Americans in Iraq, interesting.

"EFPs were among the most lethal weapons faced by U.S. forces before a troop withdrawal in 2011. The devices were considered a hallmark of the Iranian-backed Shiite militias battling the U.S. occupation after the toppling of Saddam Hussein. But the technology used to make them proliferated, and cruder versions were also deployed by Sunni militants."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.be2cb0055bb2

"At least 500 U.S. military deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan were directly linked to Iran and its support for anti-American militants — a newly disclosed statistic that offers grim context for the Obama administration's diplomatic deal with the Iranian regime aimed at curtailing the rogue nation's nuclear ambitions."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...deaths-of-500-u-s-troops-in-iraq-afghanistan/

"Iranian military action, often working through proxies using terrorist tactics, has led to the deaths of well over a thousand American soldiers"

http://jcpa.org/killing-americans-allies-irans-war/

Stop making shit up. This comment is nothing more than self loathing manifestation of your hatred for America. "Shock and Awe" was clearly a strategy to force the enemy to submit. It was absolutely a desire of America to bring the Iraqi people onto their side and convince them they were being liberated. Whether they were liberated or not is up for debate, but that was the intent. Now I understand you lefties don't give a shit about intent, but ethical people still do!

Its not terrorism, is just attacking civilian targets with bombs to scare people into submitting to your political goals.

But not terrorism at all.

Yes. You do realize that this made it easier for Iran to kill US soldiers in Iraq right?

Again, who gives a fuck about what happened to US service members in Iraq.

To me seeing a soldier die in Iraq is the same as seeing a guy get killed during a home invasion. Sucks for the family of the guy, but "play stupid gfames win stupid prizes"

lol, Yes because it's not like the US military has a wealth of experience in the middle east and better training or anything.

You guys are hilarious.

Yup, that has worked wonders in Afghanistan, thats why its such a happy place.

O, you seem to be under the impression you've provided convincing evidence that Iranians didn't kill Americans in Iraq, interesting.

No, you are the one that its convinced that we give a fuck about US soldiers being killed while invading a nation over a lie.

As i said before, its like watching footage of a home invader being shot, the first thing that comes to mind is "Good, fuck'em".

you are talking about medium powerful countries in Turkey and pakistan that are not ´moral´ free places and that have kissed saudi ass. You also talking about US military strongest on earth. It not crazy to think large islamic arab and turkish and pakistani and american and british coalition can defeat iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2015/03/military-action-yemen-150326143748798.html

32714cea3e30456db402e8fe4c82e52e_6.png

We could defeat iran in a day, thats not the issue. Remember what happened in Iraq?

Its not terrorism, is just attacking civilian targets with bombs to scare people into submitting to your political goals.

But not terrorism at all.

America never intentionally targeted civilians, get your head out of your ass. That's the profound difference between us and them. Yes we accidently kill civilians, but it's not intentional as it doesn't serve our goals. It impedes them.

Again, who gives a fuck about what happened to US service members in Iraq.

To me seeing a soldier die in Iraq is the same as seeing a guy get killed during a home invasion. Sucks for the family of the guy, but "play stupid gfames win stupid prizes"

Now you're showing your true colors. Soldiers don't make policy and they don't make decisions to go to war. We selflessly put ourselves in harms way on behalf of the people and the state.

Yup, that has worked wonders in Afghanistan, thats why its such a happy place.

America, Canada and it's allies did wonderfully in Afghanistan. The problem was that there was nothing to work with in the way of creating an Afghan army. Any respectable fighter was fighting for the Taliban and the people we were trying to train were on drugs lol. The Iranian people are much much more competent.

America never intentionally targeted civilians, get your head out of your ass. That's the profound difference between us and them. Yes we accidently kill civilians, but it's not intentional as it doesn't serve our goals. It impedes them.

And for the most part Iranian militias never targeted civilians either. That was the Sunni boys propped up ideologically and financially by your BFF the GCC.

Now you're showing your true colors. Soldiers don't make policy and they don't make decisions to go to war. We selflessly put ourselves in harms way on behalf of the people and the state.

How is that relevant to any point whatsoever? morally an invading soldier is no different than a guy that breaks into your home.

America, Canada and it's allies did wonderfully in Afghanistan. The problem was that there was nothing to work with in the way of creating an Afghan army. Any respectable fighter was fighting for the Taliban and the people we were trying to train were on drugs lol. The Iranian people are much much more competent.

Yes, they are far more competent thats why they know what will happen if they let the Sunni onslaught take over their country.

You are ridiculously naive if you think that people will welcome the US with arms open.

Reminds me of this Cuban guy i knew, he was anti-Castro to a degree where he wanted to fight people with Che Guevara T-shirts, but in the early 2000s when the US started hostile rethoric against Cuba he said if the US bombed Cuba he would go find a rifle and shoot people at the US consulate.

We could defeat iran in a day, thats not the issue. Remember what happened in Iraq?

i am saying if US is smart they will let the arab, turkish coalition use ground troops. 100,000 soldiers and tens of thousands of contracted western ´security´forces plus massive US and UK aerial campaign and sanctions will do them in. I think US goal is regime change and for that you just need to do to military what was did in Iraq and then seize Tehran.

i am not american never, dont live there not been there, and critcize american foreign policy all time. I just saying facts Iran is a terror supporter and a less worse pakistan or saudi arabia.

and i just speak fact. American military is not something underestimate. they lost what 5000 in iraq? maybe a few thousand in afghanistan and all that was from soldiers being car bombed or picked off from occupying. I saying i doubt they will occupy Iran they wont need to because of large arab and other muslim country coalition.

They're all "terrorist supporters."

The U.S. probably being the biggest one of all.

Well Iraq and Afganistan went so well, lets try it again. We must be a nation of retards to even consider it.

America, Canada and it's allies did wonderfully in Afghanistan.

What exactly did America and Canada did "wonderfully"? Taliban is still there, Terrorists are still there, Kabul is constantly under terrorist attacks.

The only thing the US did "wonderfully" was killing people which is why you are a major hypocrite when you bitch about someone not caring when US soldiers get killed in Iraq. Its almost as if you consider Afghans as not really humans.

Overall the entire mission is a bottomless pit of money and lives.

Sure, in a 1 on 1 war, without a doubt. With gulf Arabs and Israeli's for ground forces, lol.
Israel unlikely send group soldier in. But the far bigger number of Arabs, Turks and possibly Pakistan special forces and western trained mercenaries will be too much. Iran is not China or soviet union in WW2 with ability to keep pullin peoole to war to die. I think strong enough bombing campaign by US and UK will allow ground forces to take Tehran.

Israel unlikely send group soldier in. But the far bigger number of Arabs, Turks and possibly Pakistan special forces and western trained mercenaries will be too much. Iran is not China or soviet union in WW2 with ability to keep pullin peoole to war to die. I think strong enough bombing campaign by US and UK will allow ground forces to take Tehran.

Paki's and turks? Are you paying attention at all right now?

You can't have bombing campaigns that are effective, if Iran's anti air is effective.

Russia has had superior anti-air since they were the USSR, it was their strategic response to US air superiority. The S-400 system is Russian FYI.

Paki's and turks? Are you paying attention at all right now?

You can't have bombing campaigns that are effective, if Iran's anti air is effective.

Russia has had superior anti-air since they were the USSR, it was their strategic response to US air superiority. The S-400 system is Russian FYI.

Russia does not have superior missile defense. US is multi layered. Russia missile defense only good against shit tier nuclear countries. And Russia rely more on ability massive counter strike to destroy enemy before more attack

Oh you say air defense

Last I read saudis buyig s400 and maybe Qatar not Iran. Iran has s300 maybe. I am sure US has enouh cruise missiles and other new weapons to overwhelm it.

You are acting like Iran is China or something. It e is a major mid power

Russia does not have superior missile defense. US is multi layered. Russia missile defense only good against shit tier nuclear countries. And Russia rely more on ability massive counter strike to destroy enemy before more attack

Oh you say air defense

Last I read saudis buyig s400 and maybe Qatar not Iran. Iran has s300 maybe. I am sure US has enouh cruise missiles and other new weapons to overwhelm it.

You are acting like Iran is China or something. It e is a major mid power

An Isreali F-16 that was shot down says otherwise.

An Isreali F-16 that was shot down says otherwise.

Israeli f16 wont be flyin into Iran. US and allied massive cruise missiles strike and other strike and cyber electronic warfare first. Then it likely US send in better jets than f16 and bombers.

TS can't decide if he hates Iran or Israel more, The idiot has made this exact same thread about both.

Have you done no research at all?

-Shia hit squads in Iraq killing Americans.
-Yemen
-Hamas

etc etc etc etc.

Why pretend like they're not carrying out terrorism all over? Heck they even spread propaganda about Canada's treatment of indigenous people and use their embassy as a launch pad to harass Iranians in Canada. You need to educate yourself on the Iranian government.
This is pretty pathetic.
The US is responsible for ~1,000,000 deaths in Iraq, a war we waged based on lies.
We have spread that war from Afghanistan and Iraq to Libya, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, and Pakistan.
We are directly responsible for the Syrian Civil War and the worst refugee crisis in over 25 years.
We are directly responsible for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, the worst of all time.

But a Shia death squad killed some US troops in a war zone? Thats your argument for going to war with Iran?
You're blaming Iran for Saudi Arabia employing siege warfare on Yemenis? Shame they weren't so aggressive when they were allowing Al qaeda, you know that people that attacked us on 9/11, take over half the country.

lol @ your "research".

And you didn't answer my question from before: you site US intelligence in this thread, but aren't you one of the deep state out to get Trump guys (correct me if I'm wrong).

Iran is most definitely a bad actor. Not even going into the regional problems that they produce for 3rd party actors, including our allies, and just keeping to things that they have done to the US, they are definitely an enemy.

They funneled weapons, technology, and fighters into Iraq. The most egregious example of this are the EFPs, an extremely deadly form of IED that killed Americans in Iraq.

They have launched cyber attacks on Saudi Aramco and the US stock market, and potentially others.

Their government continues to needle us at every turn, actively pursuing nuclear weapons.

I fail to understand how any reasonable person can think that they are "good guys." Any explanation of this position will invariably involve, "But the US!..."

Nobody is saying Iran are good guys, just that its ignorant to conclude the Iran is the reason for the unrest in the Middle East and to propose that we attack them based on that conclusion.

And the "but the US..." isn't just some weak deflection, its a valid argument when the proposition is that the US team up with other Gulf States to attack Iran with the reasoning that "Iran is responsible for the unrest in the region".

Back