A person blaring music in the apartment next to you next door WWYD?

You get used to it. We have no noise ordinances that are actually enforced, so it’s just how it goes. Maybe just blast some tunes that are directly opposed to the ones playing. If it’s rap, play metal. Metal, play some mumble rap or country. Make it a competition…

You get used to it. We have no noise ordinances that are actually enforced, so it’s just how it goes. Maybe just blast some tunes that are directly opposed to the ones playing. If it’s rap, play metal. Metal, play some mumble rap or country. Make it a competition…
That seems to passive aggressive I think I prefer the uppercuts and arson ideas.

Blast this drum and bass dark anthem on loud speakers back to them

That seems to passive aggressive I think I prefer the uppercuts and arson ideas.
Well, I prefer freedom to being Uber aggressive. Concrete makes me claustrophobic. To each their own though

Give them an ask to stop. If they persist, give a complaint to management. It's all you can do.

I'm an apartment dweller and have had shitty people around me in the past. I moved to a better place and have better neighbours now though so not a personal problem but I'm a bit of a night owl and Every night starting around 12am I can hear the music blaring from the apartment building across the street. It doesn't affect me because it's across the street and can only hear it faintly.

I can't help but think about the people living in the building though having to deal with the asshole blaring music from 12 until the witching hour. What would you do if you lived next to this guy?

Edit: I also live in Canada so you only get around 12 years max for murder.
Personally? Nothing. Music and noise never bothered me and I've lived through so many horrid situations that the typical stuff like that is minor to me.

I keep saying that the way we are forced to live is completely retarded, we shouldn't be living next to total strangers, not in apartments or neighborhoods. I've had lots of customers and almost all of them had major issues with their neighbors, many, many of them ending up in court, and always over silly shit like a foot of property or other issues that really just boil down to people not being meant to be packed in like we are. Currently, I have a customer who is being sued by a neighbor for a second time. With a species and a culture as territorial as ours it makes no sense to live 20 feet from a stranger. In his case, he's stressed and paranoid now and I'm just giggling at him. You know how slow that shit moves, it's a slow burn through court where everything is up in the air whilst these people who have more power than us (who don't really give a shit btw) dilly dally with our lives. If the manager don't give a shit, not much you can do except get a long running feud going with your neighbor.

In my area if the cops go the same house multiple nights to ask them to turn it down then they will 100% write a ticket.

There's also clauses in the apartment contracts that would allow you to break your lease for this type of behavior. 911 phone logs/photos of the police showing up multiple times (along with an email to management with those 2 things attached) would be more than enough, the apartment complex would easily lose in small claims court if they tried to come after you

Start the place on fire, and as they run out screaming, then unleash the uppercuts.

Personally? Nothing. Music and noise never bothered me and I've lived through so many horrid situations that the typical stuff like that is minor to me.

I keep saying that the way we are forced to live is completely retarded, we shouldn't be living next to total strangers, not in apartments or neighborhoods. I've had lots of customers and almost all of them had major issues with their neighbors, many, many of them ending up in court, and always over silly shit like a foot of property or other issues that really just boil down to people not being meant to be packed in like we are. Currently, I have a customer who is being sued by a neighbor for a second time. With a species and a culture as territorial as ours it makes no sense to live 20 feet from a stranger. In his case, he's stressed and paranoid now and I'm just giggling at him. You know how slow that shit moves, it's a slow burn through court where everything is up in the air whilst these people who have more power than us (who don't really give a shit btw) dilly dally with our lives. If the manager don't give a shit, not much you can do except get a long running feud going with your neighbor.
So then we take to the trees and return to Monkey. I will consider with great ape intlligentle and I retun to Monkey for you.

I live in a small development. One neighbor can't keep their dog in their yard, and too many times he's gotten into everybody's trash on pick up day. I finally got tired of telling them about it, and called the state police. Cop came, I just asked him to talk to them, maybe it'll finally get through. Got out again this week, but only tore up 1 neighbor's trash. That neighbor is too 'nice' to call, so they got away with it this week. From now on, if I call the cop will fine them.

Long-winded way to say 'call the cops', ask them to talk to them and tell them next time it's a fine.

I live in a small development. One neighbor can't keep their dog in their yard, and too many times he's gotten into everybody's trash on pick up day. I finally got tired of telling them about it, and called the state police. Cop came, I just asked him to talk to them, maybe it'll finally get through. Got out again this week, but only tore up 1 neighbor's trash. That neighbor is too 'nice' to call, so they got away with it this week. From now on, if I call the cop will fine them.

Long-winded way to say 'call the cops', ask them to talk to them and tell them next time it's a fine.
It's not too late to fill the trash with chocolate as a belated Xmas present for the dog.

Edit: Don't do that it's not the dogs fault it's the owners. So take that chocolate and force feed it to him until he gets the diabetes and then steal his insulin and adopt the pooch for your own. You can teach him better manners and have a new best friend.

Last edited:
Had some trouble with some football players next door to me back in college blaring music until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. I had asked them at least twice to turn it down over the course of a few days and nothing. Complained to apartment management and nothing. So, instead of calling police I decided to have a little fun. Bought two speakers from Walmart and duct taped them to the wall we shared. Blared Metallica’s black album and left for the night. Came back later, turned it off, and it never happened again.

Would that work in every situation? Probably not, but it worked in this case.

Reactions: 666
I absolutely hate shit like that. I would probably go on a campaign to make their lives as miserable as at all possible.

Reactions: 666
Had some trouble with some football players next door to me back in college blaring music until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. I had asked them at least twice to turn it down over the course of a few days and nothing. Complained to apartment management and nothing. So, instead of calling police I decided to have a little fun. Bought two speakers from Walmart and duct taped them to the wall we shared. Blared Metallica’s black album and left for the night. Came back later, turned it off, and it never happened again.

Would that work in every situation? Probably not, but it worked in this case.
Brilliant. Hope you also stayed the night at some gals. Or guys or a Terminators. We can be whatever we want nowadays. Was that you? Cause I'm still sore.

What’s an alternative to everybody living next to strangers ? There’s billions of people in world .

I'm an apartment dweller and have had shitty people around me in the past. I moved to a better place and have better neighbours now though so not a personal problem but I'm a bit of a night owl and Every night starting around 12am I can hear the music blaring from the apartment building across the street. It doesn't affect me because it's across the street and can only hear it faintly.

I can't help but think about the people living in the building though having to deal with the asshole blaring music from 12 until the witching hour. What would you do if you lived next to this guy?

Edit: I also live in Canada so you only get around 12 years max for murder.
Wait about an hour past the time the music stops, when the guy is in bed and finally going to sleep, then blast Christian rock music as loud as your speakers can handle.

Back