Opinion A Handsome Man is giving a Speech! (Warning: Gay Panic?)

I

InternetHero

"A naked man's thoughts have little value in a society." - Attributed to Mark Twain.

Imagine if you will, a handsome political fellow is about to give a speech to an attentive audience.

However, this man is wearing no pants, nor underpants. Nothing at all!

His grandiose endowments are all over the National Seal! The man is naked!

Old men will say - "How dare he do that in front of the children!"

Old women may say - "How disgusting!"

A young beauty might agree - "Right..." and think to herself, "Wow... what a great speaker..."

A young man in this day and age might say - "Whoa..." and envy and admire the spectacle.

What would almost everyone have in common? They would see and have strong feelings, but hear nothing. They are overwhelmed with base emotions - fear, pride, shame, or attraction.

The speaker would be the focus, and not the content. That is the focus of a lot of our politics today.

An ever louder and more boorish figure - a Trump, a Booker, a Pelosi, a notorious AOC.

The theater performance goes like this:

MSNBC: "Orange man bad, he make me angry!"

FOX NEWS: "Orange man good, he agree with me angry!"

Then everyone spits and chews, most often about unreasonable fear and pride.

This is exciting to us as people. We love a good show, a good song an dance, and overall good entertainment. There is nothing wrong with that, but there may be something seriously wrong about inviting the naked man into our midst.

We are no longer thinking, "How can I attain my politic views and compromise with the political views of others?" We are thinking, "I have something to lose and THAT MAN is trying to take it!" the man is irrelevant and beyond our control, what is never beyond control is what we choose to consume, what we choose to do.

If something makes you angry, it is probably trying to do so and is not your friend - the t.v. host, the radio dj, the shouting politician, please remember this about all of these - they want something from you first, money or power, in which they exchange to do modest things to stroke your ego, and maybe give you slightly more or less guns and abortions.

Changing the channel...

If you hear or see something and feel upset please remember someone wants your motivation, and listening to those who want to persuade rather than upset you are probably looking for not only your best interest, but the best interest of a nation, a people, or anyone.

The outrage is the drug, we are the users.

Donald Trump? A pusher all the way. His existence is to be recognized.

Barack Obama? A more subtle dealer. However, anyone suggesting he was not interested in triggering the right is not being honest.

Rachel Maddow? More like madcow, that's funny now a days on the right, right?

What about Rush Limbaugh? Oh you know it! But wait... while there have always been populists and outrage, a Kingfish or a Buchanan, there are points of genesis that link the stink to what is lacking in substance.

Certain groups of people will always be gullible and led by their baser instincts, the fear and rage, but gatekeepers are supposed to exist.

- The administrative government is not supposed to choose sides.

- The media is not supposed to play for one team.

- Wild conspiracies are not supposed to be legitimatized by the serious minded.

- Leaders are supposed to lead the tribe, not the other way around.

The left and right think all of these institutions are corrupt in one way or another, and makes turning off the outrage all the more difficult.

The naked emperor is no longer scolded at last by the innocent, he is hoisted up, a Trump or a Booker, as the debased opinion of all of "us" disaffected. We are Spartacus leading the way to freedom!

Hate to break it to the emperor, but everyone wants to be disaffected now, everyone sees themselves as a victim of something, and everyone is not only divided in an echo chamber, but facing an internal firing squad if they speak up.

What could be done? What can be said? What can be learned?

No problem.

You!

Yes you who stuck around long enough to read these words, and I thank you for it.

- If something makes you mad, it is not good for you.

- If something makes you upset, it is probably not helping you.

- If something requires a little patience to understand, it may be wise to ask a few questions to understand it.

- If someone is shouting at you, shouting back is not the best tactic, listening, patience, and and strong persuasion is.

If people stop listening, a republic stops working, and that means the political team you enjoy needs to use force to score societal touchdowns and bring about "tears" for the "losers."

That might be cute or feel empowering on the internet, but as someone who knows what a single party police state is like, it is not, and never will be.

Meet and greet your Democratic friends, say something nice to a Republican, and talk about the issues you can agree on, then look at how your disagreements can be worked out in different ways.

BOOM! Republicanism (small r!) and a better world to live in.

Thank you and may God in his eternal greatness, or the Spaghetti monster in his juicy marinara, bless you all.

As per the War Room suggestions, here are also a couple of stories to help us think beyond the tribal, and to the coalition building and tolerance.

About how Evangelicals have been influenced by the Administration - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html?noredirect=on

About how polarization influences people - https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a-kind-word-for-the-smoke-filled-room/

As well, I will respond to questions with the following caveats:

- If you are trolling and triggering, I will not respond.

- I will not respond to profanity directed at me or anyone.

Anything else, I am happy to discuss with everyone.

"A naked man's thoughts have little value in a society." - Attributed to Mark Twain.

Imagine if you will, a handsome political fellow is about to give a speech to an attentive audience.

A young beauty might agree - "Right..." and think to herself, "Wow... what a great speaker..."

A young man in this day and age might say - "Whoa..." and envy and admire the spectacle.

What would almost everyone have in common? They would see and have strong feelings, but hear nothing. They are overwhelmed with base emotions - fear, pride, shame, or attraction.

The speaker would be the focus, and not the content. That is the focus of a lot of our politics today.

An ever louder and more boorish figure - a Trump, a Booker, a Pelosi, a notorious AOC.

This is exciting to us as people. We love a good show, a good song an dance, and overall good entertainment. There is nothing wrong with that, but there may be something seriously wrong about inviting the naked man into our midst.

We are no longer thinking, "How can I attain my politic views and compromise with the political views of others?" We are thinking, "I have something to lose and THAT MAN is trying to take it!" the man is irrelevant and beyond our control, what is never beyond control is what we choose to consume, what we choose to do.

If something makes you angry, it is probably trying to do so and is not your friend - the t.v. host, the radio dj, the shouting politician, please remember this about all of these - they want something from you first, money or power, in which they exchange to do modest things to stroke your ego, and maybe give you slightly more or less guns and abortions.

Changing the channel...

If you hear or see something and feel upset please remember someone wants your motivation, and listening to those who want to persuade rather than upset you are probably looking for not only your best interest, but the best interest of a nation, a people, or anyone.

Barack Obama? A more subtle dealer. However, anyone suggesting he was not interested in triggering the right is not being honest.

What about Rush Limbaugh? Oh you know it! But wait... while there have always been populists and outrage, a Kingfish or a Buchanan, there are points of genesis that link the stink to what is lacking in substance.

Certain groups of people will always be gullible and led by their baser instincts, the fear and rage, but gatekeepers are supposed to exist.

The left and right think all of these institutions are corrupt in one way or another, and makes turning off the outrage all the more difficult.

The naked emperor is no longer scolded at last by the innocent, he is hoisted up, a Trump or a Booker, as the debased opinion of all of "us" disaffected. We are Spartacus leading the way to freedom!

Hate to break it to the emperor, but everyone wants to be disaffected now, everyone sees themselves as a victim of something, and everyone is not only divided in an echo chamber, but facing an internal firing squad if they speak up.

No problem.

You!

Yes you who stuck around long enough to read these words, and I thank you for it.

- If something requires a little patience to understand, it may be wise to ask a few questions to understand it.

- If someone is shouting at you, shouting back is not the best tactic, listening, patience, and and strong persuasion is.

If people stop listening, a republic stops working, and that means the political team you enjoy needs to use force to score societal touchdowns and bring about "tears" for the "losers."

That might be cute or feel empowering on the internet, but as someone who knows what a single party police state is like, it is not, and never will be.

Meet and greet your Democratic friends, say something nice to a Republican, and talk about the issues you can agree on, then look at how your disagreements can be worked out in different ways.

Thank you and may God in his eternal greatness, or the Spaghetti monster in his juicy marinara, bless you all.

As per the War Room suggestions, here are also a couple of stories to help us think beyond the tribal, and to the coalition building and tolerance.

About how Evangelicals have been influenced by the Administration - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html?noredirect=on

About how polarization influences people - https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a-kind-word-for-the-smoke-filled-room/

So where are the pics of naked handsome men?

Be brave and just admit it , no ones going to judge you .

I, for one, like the Emperor's new clothes
trump_new_yorker_4.jpg

Changing the channel...

No problem.

You!

I read the whole thing and it is all over the place. You don't need to right a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Kind of have to disagree strongly about not listening to anything that makes you mad. We aare in this mess because people live in bubbles.

I read the whole thing and it is all over the place. You don't need to right a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Kind of have to disagree strongly about not listening to anything that makes you mad. We aare in this mess because people live in bubbles.

How would you surmise the different ideas and emotions expressed in my post into a single sentence? Please do not tell me it would be: "anger is bad, do not be angry," as that is not at all points and examples I expressed.

As for anger, well, anger is proven to make you, or I, or anyone stupider.

An enclave or echo chamber of ideas is a problem, but rage is the catalyst, the fuel for the fire that burns at the heart of these chambers.

You lost me at "A naked man's"

How would you surmise the different ideas and emotions expressed in my post into a single sentence?

I will do it in one word: "Bothsiderism". The bane of current US political discussion.

(English language note: You're confusing the word "surmise" with "summarize".)

I will do it in one word: "Bothsiderism". The bane of current US political discussion.

(English language note: You're confusing the word "surmise" with "summarize".)

You are correct about the English note. A bad habit of fast typing and working in too many linguistic arts.

However, I specifically noted that that "bothsidersim" is not the root problem. (At length.) Are you sure you went through the entire post? For a proper use of surmise: being committed more or less to one side it would seem, how would you surmise that only one side is to blame for the current predicament?

However, I specifically noted that that "bothsidersim" is not the root problem. (At length.) Are you sure you went through the entire post?

I must confess I was unable to do so. Author's note: Trying to "write clever" when you're not really clever is very offputting to readers with discerning taste.

I'm nude right now.

[<cena1}

Let's be friends, good friends.

I must confess I was unable to do so. Author's note: Trying to "write clever" when you're not really clever is very offputting to readers with discerning taste.

Why would you make a pair of comments on a thread you did not fully read, like, or appreciate, and then promote your own taste as discerning? Seems a tad hypocritical and callous to be honest.

(By the way in the good spirit of English corrections off putting is two words. )

Why would you make a pair of comments on a thread you did not fully read, like, or appreciate, and then promote your own taste as discerning? Seems a tad hypocritical and callous to be honest.

(By the way in the good spirit of English corrections off putting is two words. )

Do you have any idea how needy one appears in a forum when, rather than clearly express and then extrapolate on their position, they are asking a reader to explain to them what the reader thinks they meant?

If I really missed some important perspective in your OP when I skimmed through it just lay it out for me rather than engage in this sad dance. Otherwise, I'm out.

Back