A Boy With A 2-1 Record Fought For A Belt In The Deepest Division

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
His name is Eddie Alvarez. LOL

Fair play to him for winning though. Just goes to show, on any given fight night, any fighter can be a UFC champion.

so you saw someone post this in the nicco montano thread and thought you should make a thread about it?

How can LW be the deepest division when Canor McWelfare has the LW belt with only a single LW win in the UFC

So according to the logic the champ was 0-0 when he fought for the belt?

What am i missing here?

Eddie Alvarez who had a long career before he came to the UFC?

And it goes to show that if you fight for the title and you're so-so that you better hope your opponent (the champ) almost dies prior to the weigh in.

Brock Lesnar did it first

What Brock Lesnar did will likely never be repeated.

Debuted in the UFC on his 2nd professional fight and fought former champion Frank Mir. Let that shit sink in some, I'm not even sure how it got sanctioned.

In Lesnar's 2nd UFC fight he was riding Heath Herring like a Cowboy and broke his orbital bone with this shot.

brock-bowlover1.gif

In Lesnar's 3rd UFC fight he fought Randy Couture for the belt and Donkey Kong'ed him to win the title.

brock-lesnar-vs-randy-couture-o.gif

In Brock's 4th and 5th UFC fights he defended the belt against Frank Mir and Shane Carwin. He left Mir bloody and choked Carwin out with an arm triangle, moving him to tied for the most title defenses in UFC Heavyweight history.

I don't think anyone will ever repeat that. In only 6 professional fights, 5 in the UFC, Lesnar rose to the top and defended his belt not once but twice.

MLB doesn't recognize records from the minor leagues. The NBA doesn't recognize records from the D-League.

Minor league records are there to help you get into the major leagues. Once you are in the major leagues, your legacy begins.

I have never mentioned records from minor leagues for any fighter. When I talk about Conor, I always bring up Marcus Brimage as his first fight. I don't care about what he did in Cage Warriors, that is the minor league.

The UFC is the major league of MMA today. Maybe it will change in the future, for now, it is the Premier League of MMA.

I love Franc Mittelo threads.

He was 2-1 in the UFC.

For future reference, if you see me mention a fighter's record, it will ALWAYS be his UFC record. I don't recognize records from other organizations.

No one gives a fuck about you or what you do

Oh so his illustrious career before the UFC just counts for nothing? It's not like the UFC tried so hard to poach him from Bellator or anything when he was champ right? 2-1 record? Ignorance at it's finest

No one gives a fuck about you or what you do
The same applies to you. But it doesn't stop you from sharing your opinion, does it? No.

If fact, this entire forum exist to help people like us, who have no platform in the mainstream media, to share our opinions. If your life was so great and you didn't care about what I had to say, you would be in the South of France chilling with beautiful women, instead of trolling and trying to trigger or cringe me. LOL

Back