7 wonders of the MMA world

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yeah I'm bored, sue me. Been thinking about some legendary things in the MMA world, going to list mine but I'm sure you guys will have some much better picks. This list is more about singular things rather than just fighters as a whole.... going to mildly contradict that statement with one of my picks tho... So very specific things. For example: "Jon Jones' eye pokes" "Ronda Rousey's head movement" etc... Alright enough talk, time for my list that is in no particular order.

1. Max Holloway's chin. In order to land the most significant strikes out of any fighter by a landslide you of course also have to eat a lot of shots yourself and Max has eaten a ton of hard shots. He officially has never been knocked down either (tho we all know Gaethje knocked him down for a split second). Also his significant strikes may be worthy of a spot as well but only 1 fighter per spot

2. 3rd rd Romero.. With 9 tko/ko wins in the 3rd rd, 3rd rd romero is a mythical being at this point. 5th rd Robbie Lawler is good too but nowhere close to 3rd rd Romero.

3. Alex Pereira's left hook. Pereira's left hook has won him belt's in 2 weight classes, not only at the highest level in Kickboxing but also in the UFC. Everybody knows it's coming but nobody can defend against it.

4. Edson Barboza's Wheel kick. Yes he's only gotten 1 finish with it but he lands it on almost everybody and has hurt several guys badly with it. Most recently in his last fight with Sodiq Yusuff, he also made Kevin Lee do the chicken dance.

5. TRT Belfort... Yeah this is the only one where it's a person and not something super specific but yeah, not Belfort but the short time he was the Mythical being TRT BELFORT.

6. Cro Cop's left kick. A wise man once said "Cro cop's left kick should be dipped in gold"

7. Dustin Poirier's Guillotine Choke... It's obviously amazing since he always goes for it.

I'm generally looking for really specific stuff, more specific than "Wonderboy's kicks" "Cerrone's Kicks" etc.. more specific like "Machida's front kick" "Luke Rockhold's question mark kick"

Welp I couldn't even think of 7 since there are way too many that could be honorable mentions but not deserving of a top spot imo. like for example..

Super Serious Honorable Mentions:
Jon Jones' humility and compassion for others
Shinya Aoki's colorful pants
Sexy Yama's sexiness
Bendo's toothpick
The Tiramisu that defeated Khabib
Tony Ferguson's ankle pick
Ronda Rousey's Puple Pillow
Erick Silva's incredible ability to remain the youngest prospect in the world indefinitely.
Sea Level Cain
Motivated BJ Penn

Not so serious Honorable mentions:
Mark Hunt's walk off KO's a Jacked 250lb 6'5 man once said "Mark Hunt's walk off KO's were pretty cool"
Sakurabas' heart... "fuckin guy fought anyone and usually being the smaller guy."
Randleman's Murderplex a Man who is said to be "Huge for Coreyweight" once said the Murderplex was "not so comical"
Mighty Mouses creativity, "he has won in so many different ways."
Rampages slams, "we all know what he can accomplish with them...and he's slammed just about everyone he's fought."
Wandys berserker mode... "when he was in that mode, very little could stop him"
Hendos H-bomb....
Lewis' uppercut
Felder's Elbows
Oleinik's Ezekiel Choke
Cody Mackenzie's Guillotine choke
Ronda Rousey's Armbar
Roy Nelson's chin (ate Lewis' uppercut like nothing)
Gaethje, Aldo, Barboza, Alves, Pedro Rizzo etc... leg kicks
Cro Cop left leg cemetery, secondary honorable mention to right leg hospital

Many many more I'm missing... I need help finding more contenders for the top 7... Maybe somebody can make a poll once we have a good list.

@StonedLemur
@BoxerMaurits
@Zebra Cheeks
@Arm Barbarian

Edit: thanks for the responses, in the process of editing the list rn. So far thanks to Stoned Lemur for the great suggestions and I will keep adding more good ones when I see them!

Last edited:
Cool idea will try to think of some stuff later but… you do know Poirier literally never submitted someone with a guillotine right? Lol
Yeah that's the only joke I added to the actual list haha, it's still legendary tho. Do you think any of the honorable mentions deserve a spot? Cro Cop's left kick maybe?

Yeah I'm bored, sue me. Been thinking about some legendary things in the MMA world, going to list mine but I'm sure you guys will have some much better picks. This list is more about singular things rather than just fighters as a whole.... going to mildly contradict that statement with one of my picks tho... So very specific things. For example: "Jon Jones' eye pokes" "Ronda Rousey's head movement" etc... Alright enough talk, time for my list that is in no particular order.

1. Max Holloway's chin. In order to land the most significant strikes out of any fighter by a landslide you of course also have to eat a lot of shots yourself and Max has eaten a ton of hard shots. He officially has never been knocked down either (tho we all know Gaethje knocked him down for a split second). Also his significant strikes may be worthy of a spot as well but only 1 fighter per spot

2. 3rd rd Romero.. With 9 tko/ko wins in the 3rd rd, 3rd rd romero is a mythical being at this point. 5th rd Robbie Lawler is good too but nowhere close to 3rd rd Romero.

3. Alex Pereira's left hook. Pereira's left hook has won him belt's in 2 weight classes, not only at the highest level in Kickboxing but also in the UFC. Everybody knows it's coming but nobody can defend against it.

4. Edson Barboza's Wheel kick. Yes he's only gotten 1 finish with it but he lands it on almost everybody and has hurt several guys badly with it. Most recently in his last fight with Sodiq Yusuff, he also made Kevin Lee do the chicken dance.

5. TRT Belfort... Yeah this is the only one where it's a person and not something super specific but yeah, not Belfort but the short time he was the Mythical being TRT BELFORT.

6. Dustin Poirier's Guillotine Choke... It's obviously amazing since he always goes for it.

I'm generally looking for really specific stuff, more specific than "Wonderboy's kicks" "Cerrone's Kicks" etc.. more specific like "Machida's front kick" "Luke Rockhold's question mark kick"

Welp I couldn't even think of 7 since there are way too many that could be honorable mentions but not deserving of a top spot imo. like for example..

Sea Level Cain
Motivated BJ Penn
Lewis' uppercut
Felder's Elbows
Oleinik's Ezekiel Choke
Ronda Rousey's Armbar
Sexy Yama's sexiness
Erick Silva's incredible ability to remain the youngest prospect in the world indefinitely.

Many many more I'm missing... I need help finding more contenders for the top 7... Maybe somebody can make a poll once we have a good list.

@StonedLemur
@BoxerMaurits
@Zebra Cheeks
@Arm Barbarian
7. Dana White.

Cool idea will try to think of some stuff later but… you do know Poirier literally never submitted someone with a guillotine right? Lol
I noticed he’s used it as a standing hold to reverse guys on the fence more than once. Sometimes within 30 seconds of a fight ending sequence. So I’d say it still must be working for him. But ya its more of a meme than a wonder.

First wife JDS was a beast..

junioresposa_bocaonews_divulgacao.jpg

6. Dustin Poirier's Guillotine Choke... It's obviously amazing since he always goes for it.

Sea Level Cain
Motivated BJ Penn
Lewis' uppercut
Felder's Elbows
Oleinik's Ezekiel Choke
Ronda Rousey's Armbar
Sexy Yama's sexiness

@StonedLemur
@BoxerMaurits
@Zebra Cheeks
@Arm Barbarian
add in..... "Roy Nelson's Gut".

Yeah that's the only joke I added to the actual list haha, it's still legendary tho. Do you think any of the honorable mentions deserve a spot? Cro Cop's left kick maybe?

Crocops left kick should be dipped in gold tbf sir.
Carlos Condits chin also never been cracked, not a single knockout against him.

Sakurabas' heart...fuckin guy fought anyone and usually being the smaller guy.

Mighty Mouses creativity, he has won in so many different ways.

Rampages slams, we all know what he can accomplish with them...and he's slammed just about everyone he's fought.

Wandys berserker mode...when he was in that mode, very little could stop him.

Hendos H-bomb....I mean do I really need to say anything more?

Ok I think I'll stop now sir lol

Back