7 Reasons You Will HATE* Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

off topic but great seminar today Andrew. Can't wait to try some of those kimura variations.

I've even spoken to a nationally acclaimed COACH once who told me he had "WASTED his time" with other martial arts when he was "young and stupid" until he finally found BJJ.

I used to do a martial art that icluded ground fighting before doing BJJ, when I told people at BJJ they either said "cool" or asked some questions. They didn't need to tell me I was wasting my time because that became damn clear once we rolled live.

So yeah I wasted my time, no two ways about it.

I was one of the biggest fish in the old gym despite many guys out weighing me significantly. Now I am happy if I can sub guys smaller than me.

I don't think it is attitutude for me to say I learnt more in three months of BJJ than I did in 12 months of my old art. I don't say my old art sucked it gave me some good basis but for me BJJ is clearly more efffective.

No mention of tiny little scratches?

That shit drives me nuts, If you get a cut on your face it is most likely going to keep getting knocked and so will probably scar,

Don't care at all if I am covered in bruises but cuts piss me off.

[QUOTE=cintur

#1 is what I hate the most. I've just had to accept the fact that the people who kick my ass now, will always kick my ass. And I just have to wait for new people to come in, and then I'll be the ones always kicking THEIR ass!

#1 is what I hate the most. I've just had to accept the fact that the people who kick my ass now, will always kick my ass. And I just have to wait for new people to come in, and then I'll be the ones always kicking THEIR ass!

You won't ALWAYS get your ass kicked by people who kick your ass now. Not necessarily, anyway.

Lmao the North South position i hate dending it, it looks so wrong

Smelly gis are like an extra limb with which to choke the shit outta your training partners. I always tap to a smelly smother!

I don't like getting covered in bruises. Its hard to explain obvious hand prints all over my body. When I wear shorts I look like a snow leopard.

Also having long hair. Guys post on my ponytail or grab it. I see why Leka buzzes her head GI Jane style.

I used to do a martial art that icluded ground fighting before doing BJJ, when I told people at BJJ they either said "cool" or asked some questions. They didn't need to tell me I was wasting my time because that became damn clear once we rolled live.

So yeah I wasted my time, no two ways about it.

I was one of the biggest fish in the old gym despite many guys out weighing me significantly. Now I am happy if I can sub guys smaller than me.

I don't think it is attitutude for me to say I learnt more in three months of BJJ than I did in 12 months of my old art. I don't say my old art sucked it gave me some good basis but for me BJJ is clearly more efffective.

I understand your point but...
I learned more in one month of MMA than in several years of Karate in terms of effective fighting. I admit it and I told my Karate friends about it as well. I'm pretty sure the same goes for ANY art compared to MMA. Does that mean EVERYBODY not doing MMA is wasting their time? I don't think so.

I don't like getting covered in bruises. Its hard to explain obvious hand prints all over my body. When I wear shorts I look like a snow leopard.
Also having long hair. Guys post on my ponytail or grab it. I see why Leka buzzes her head GI Jane style.

I love this line! :icon_lol: Definitely relate here. I'm a pasty dude, so bruises show up ten fold.

3. You will never be able to train enough to be satisfied with your amount of training.

Ask any BJJ practicioner how often they train and they will tell you. And they will also usually include the following words “not as much as I’d like to”. In 4 years, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who has said “yeah I train exactly as much as I would like.

aint that the truth? :icon_lol:

i just hate rolling with really hairy people. i can deal with sweat and fat. but really hairy sweaty forearms on my face pisses me off. probably wouldnt be as bad if i was rolling in a gi

i also dont like when someone is going full speed and then you go full speed and beat them, and then they complain that you should "roll slow for technique". after they escalated, my biggest pet peeve

I understand your point but...
I learned more in one month of MMA than in several years of Karate in terms of effective fighting. I admit it and I told my Karate friends about it as well. I'm pretty sure the same goes for ANY art compared to MMA. Does that mean EVERYBODY not doing MMA is wasting their time? I don't think so.

What I was trying to say is that I don't see a problem with YOU saying YOU yourself wasted YOUR time, but you can't say that other people wasted their time.

Conversely I honestly don't think I could be getting so much out of MMA training if I didn't have some sort of fight training beforehand. This shit is rough and if I went straight into MMA training with no history of getting beaten up in class I would have thought I was obviously to much of a pussy for this sport.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back