5 nightmare HW match-ups for Daniel Cormier (past & present)

Newbie post? Check the join date.

If there is no correlation to age equaling prime, how do we determine when an athlete is in their prime? When they won the most? It can’t be the mileage, because it’s not like DC wasn’t training his ass off his entire life dealing with injuries and more. So it must be when they win the most...

I’ll tell you when Fedor won the most...when he wasn’t drug tested. Then his ass gets handed to him three times in a row, he flees America back to no testing land, and rattles off what...5 in a row? And then comes back to America and is staring at the lights again?

So maybe it’s not just wins and losses...maybe athletic prime is when an athlete’s testosterone levels are the highest. In Fedor’s case, as we can track his career’s decline, we can assume that was in a land where testing didn’t occur. (Correlation, not causation)

Now I’m not implying that an athlete hailing from a country that is currently embroiled in the largest state-sponsored international steroid scandal ever was a cheat, I have no proof of that whatsoever, I’m just pointing out that said athlete had greater success when testing wasn’t applied and their performance suffered greatly when they were under constant scrutiny.

But of course prime isn’t determined by age...I’m agreeing with you...it’s determined by the athletes performance, and the athlete who has always been under IOC or USADA scrutiny has continued to perform at a high level into their late 30s, while the other has only performed at high levels when not under that same scrutiny, regardless of their chronological age.

I don't check join dates, I just read posts and know whether someone has been following the sport seriously or not. Apparently you haven't.

Age is just a factor/indicator. Same for performance. They are not conclusive by themselves.

Knowing a fighter's prime is not an exact science, but there are indicators: age, performance, dominance, status, momentum, etc.

An elite fighter who's in his prime will usually have a good combo of those.

Now saying saying stuff like "oh look this guy is in his prime cuz he's X age", that is just dumb.

And to avoid that prime-past prime discussion I put time periods in the OP, so it's not prime Fedor, it's 2003-2006 Fedor.

Cheers.

So are you chickening out?

lolololololol

Have you learned the difference between a warm-up and a demonstration yet? lol

If you want to get schooled you have to be willing to learn.

Back