5 Metre Hand Wraps ?

BeeCee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have been told to get 5 metre hand wraps but im having a hard time finding any on google the closest i can is 4.5 would this be good enough ?

If that's all you have it will have to be. Maybe adjust your wrapping technique if you find yourself coming up short. When I must use shorter wraps when I don't have my typical ones I'll go around 2x instead of 3x in some spots around my hand.

Amateur or pro? Back when I was fighting (amateur), you were only allowed 2.5 meters, while pros could use 4 something. I had bad hands, though, so my trainers and I decided that 4-5 meters should be the allowed length for me. Helped save my hands and make me feel more like a total rebel. Never got caught for it, but nobody really gave a toss about anything back then. It wasn't as if the officials didn't notice - then just didn't care.

Anyway, 4.5 should do the trick. That's only a 10% difference after all. Use some extra tape if you must (when you can...).

I found some MTG ones on a random muay thai gear website. See if you can find those because they are really nice.

All the wraps I buy are 4m. I'm a big guy, hit hard, and they do the trick. Any less than 4m wouldn't protect my hands tjat well imo. 4m + should be fine. Title and hayabusa are the best ones I've used

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back