49-0 Marciano on Cassius Clay (Muhamed Ali)

Intermedius

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Really good interview of Rocky Marciano, the man Mayweather's new record (however controversial) was fallen to.

Before they close this sub-forum, i think it's a good video for those who are somewhat curious about Boxing's history. Rocky's legacy, although more set in stone, is very similar to Joe Calzaghe, in that he defeated an old Joe Lewis and Archie Moore, but also defeated all comers. Anyway, not that many professinal combat fighters as candid as Rocky is in this interview, because "every body want big drama show!". No cliffs.

Rocky won his first title in his 43rd fight, Floyd did it in his 18th.

Who cares if your 49 - 0 if you pad your record into the 40's before fighting real competition.

Would've been great to see Marciano fight some of the legends in their prime.

Such an exciting fighter.

People hate on Floyd for not fighting top comp (stupid, since he has beat better comp then any boxer in 20 years), but his record is 10 times more impressive then Marciano's

Did i just listen that Sonny Liston was not a good opponent to Clay prove hability?
<{clintugh}>

Did i just listen that Sonny Liston was not a good opponent to Clay prove hability?
<{clintugh}>

Marciano is probably being a hater, but there have always rumours that Liston was connected to the mob, and had to take a dive against Clay/Ali.

White boi strong. Dana carries legacy.

danaweighin.png

<{clintugh}>

Probably just because allot of people thought Liston was taking dives VS Ali

Marciano was a bum, he'd get absolutely annihilated by any top 20 heavyweight throughout history. He's the white man's pride and joy as a heavyweight hence hyped through the roof.

Marciano is probably being a hater, but there have always rumours that Liston was connected to the mob, and had to take a dive against Clay/Ali.
C´mon the first fight was clear not a dive, Ali just did one of the perfomances in the history of boxing.

Mayweather fought way way better competition than Marciano did it's not even in the same realm. Not just name recognition but also a good few of them were undefeated and looked like genuine killers until Floyd stepped in.

Back