Tony vs Max. How you see this fight going?

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have no prediction and no clue - that's why I'm asking. One thing I know for sure and that's the fact that this fight has the potential to be one of the best MMA fights ever made.

Tony:
Awkward yet very effective and unpredictable striking.
Great subs.
Good chin and insane recovery.
Iron heart
Cardio Machine

Max:
Currently one of the best MMA strikers
Good TDD
Granite chin
IQ
Cardio Machine

Last edited:
A looooot of straight punches.
Two of the most durable fighters in the world.
Both have crazy amounts of heart and crazy endurance.
I see an absolute war, but Tony's size and length will be too much.

giphy.gif

I almost don’t want to see them destroy each other unless it’s for a belt.

Dream fight but somebody ain’t gonna be the same after that one...

Each guy rocking eachother throughout the fight. Don't know who wins though.

Two guys that won't go away regardless of what's thrown at them

I pick Tony though, always finds a way to win.

A lot of CTE. I'd pick Max to win though, don't see Tony getting him down (if he even tries) and Max striking will be too good for Tony

Tony imo, Max won't out pressure Tony and Max will eat some nasty elbows in the exchanges.

I can see Ferguson pulling off some weird finish. Holloway will probably land a lot of good shots but he doesn't have that much power.

The build up would be insane... Then Is Normal Ferguson pulls out and Max fights Nate Diaz at 165...

Would be an absolute bloody war

Think Max wins though, just a better technical striker where he would keep the fight for most of it IMO. Decision.

Would be an absolute bloody war

Think Max wins though, just a better technical striker where he would keep the fight for most of it IMO. Decision.

While I agree that Max is a better technical boxer, he's used to having a sizable height and reach advantage at 145 that he wouldn't have against Ferguson.

I think that could be a huge difference, and combine that with Ferguson's elbows, I think Max could be in trouble.

But it would be a blast to watch, and I hope it's for a belt if it does happen.

The build up would be insane... Then Is Normal Ferguson pulls out and Max fights Nate Diaz at 165...

Funny thing is, that would be an equally entertaining war. All three fighters with granite chins, fantastic cardio and are impossible to mentally break. Any combination of the three would be epic.

I think people also forget Tony has pretty good takedowns when he wants to implement them. I think his size and takedown ability would be the deciding factor.

Fireworks.

Tony wins the war of attrition, but it's the fans that really win.

When did Tony get an iron chin? He has an ungodly ability to recover, but he gets rocked a lot. Max on the other hand does not get rocked. His chin has held up and Tony won't be able to tire him out like he did with Pettis and Lee. Both of those fighters were putting hands on Tony until they got tired. Max won't get tired and after that beating he put on Ortega I'm really not sure who could beat him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back