Khabib wont fight until the end July.

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you havent heard about it, khabib also asked for his hearing to be adjourned: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...granted-continuance-in-nevada-commission-case

With that, his hearing is set for Jan 29.
Now, if they give him 6 months retroactively which is about right in the middle (since there has been talks about a year) he would be able to fight again in may.
However, Ramadan is in the beggining of May so if Khabib doesn’t fight by April then he isnt fighting until end of July.
Not only that, khabib is taking a massive dump on all of the divisions head by trying to fight mayweather, and if given the chance thats what he will do.

Are you all ok with this? What should the UFC do about it?

Im sorry khabib fans, but I think he needs to be stripped ASAP so we can move on. Once he is ready to come back, give him the title shot, no doubt. It wont make a difference for him. But it will make for us, the UFC and the other fighters.
Because this isn’t fair to the rest of the division, specially Tony.

Enough waiting on khabib... cant fight because stupid actions(and is delaying the hearing), cant fight because religion, cant fight because too busy trying to fight mayweather... fuck off really.

Its been too long since LW had any kind of continuity. Its been stop and go for how many years now? And its the most packed division in the organization. Im tired. Really tired of all this shit.
Lets move on for the love of god.

Inb4 "conor held the division too". Save it. I was never cool with that either. So lets not repeat it.

Last edited:
He just defended his belt, so bit of a stretch stripping him. Best bet, is to wait until the outcome of the hearing..

Defend or vacate McTiramisu!

ewJbI2k.gif

Stfu, he defended his belt within 4 months of winning it. Stop acting like he is Conor. If he gets suspended, then he can't do anything. No more bs interim and fuck no to stripping.

He just defended his belt, so bit of a stretch stripping him. Best bet, is to wait until the outcome of the hearing..
Colby also won the interim belt and then was stripped in record time.

While i understand your point of view, we know what the future holds for khabib as i pointed out in the OP. So this point is moot. If you knew someone would not be able to show up, why wait?

Defend or vacate McTiramisu!
Here is the thing.... he wont be able to do that even if he wanted. Supended, then ramadam.

July is far from optimal for his next title defense but it isn't completely unreasonable either. If they strip him for that then it is what it is and I wouldn't bitch but it sounds like a scenario where an interim title would be introduced.

But yeah, if he comes back and fights Mayweather instead of defending then he should absolutely be stripped without question. Any fighter whose priority lies in another sport shouldn't be allowed to carry the belt.

Last edited:
Modern MMA full of inactive pussies.

Worst thing that happened to MMA was big money coming into the sport.

Back in the golden years, you'd fight three fights in the same night for 50 bucks.

No he did not, he just won the belt.

Khabib fought 3 times in 2013, 1 time in 2014, no fights in 2015, 2 fights in 2016, 1 fight in 2017 and twice in 2018. In my opinion champions should fight at least 2 times per year. I might dislike Khabib but I still think he's a great fighter, nonetheless if he's the champ he should fight at least twice per year. All that talk about Conor ducking, not fighting, not defending the belt and now we're gonna be in the same boat? And please fuck off with the Mayweather bullshit Khabib.

i was confused dana seemed to think the trial was still gonna happen today

so we won't know what will happen with either conor or khabib today like it was announced ?
what about khabib's team and dillon danis ?

No he did not, he just won the belt.

Khabib fought 3 times in 2013, 1 time in 2014, no fights in 2015, 2 fights in 2016, 1 fight in 2017 and twice in 2018. In my opinion champions should fight at least 2 times per year. I might dislike Khabib but I still think he's a great fighter, nonetheless if he's the champ he should fight at least twice per year. All that talk about Conor ducking, not fighting, not defending the belt and now we're gonna be in the same boat? And please fuck off with the Mayweather bullshit Khabib.
Khabib defended his belt in October. If you want to dispute the validity of his title win in April, well that's your choice..

Not going to look through the post history but going to assume op is a bitter Conor fan.

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif

However, Ramadan is in the beggining of May so if Khabib doesn’t fight by April then he isnt fighting until end of July.

Ramadan is for a month so it ends on the 4th June next year so there's no way he fights in July, not even at then end of it.
This year Ramadan ended on the 14th June and the McGregor fight was 6th October, he should be good to go before October however so it won't be 12 months without a defence and it really isn't a big deal.

As far as I know if they give him a 6 month suspension, it would be starting October 6 and ending in April. Am I mistaken here?

I can wait.

The top 5 of that division is 100% killers so stripping khabib and offering two of them a fight for the vacated title makes no sense and will just cause more whining.

If there's one thing Dana wants to keep to a minimum, it's his "bad motherfuckers" coming across as whiny little bitches... It's spreading like herpes in all divisions.

Not going to look through the post history but going to assume op is a bitter Conor fan.

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif

Go ahead. I think youd be surprised.

EagerBarrenEsok-max-1mb.gif

really isn't a big deal
Woodley just defended his belt 3 months ago and Dana is already freaking out about him not taking a fight soon.

I agree timewise it isnt that big of a stretch, but considering the circunstances which i already mentioned in the OP, i think this would be the best thing for everyone, khabib huggers excluded.

offering two of them a fight for the vacated title makes no sense and will just cause more whining.
Makes no sense? Can you imagine how much bigger an unification bout would be?

Last edited:
mandatory title defences will fix problems like this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back