Why Weidman keeps losing at MSG

elwani

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a theory why Chris Weidman keeps losing at MSG. Is it possible he keeps losing because he feels guilty for having backstabbed all his New York teammates by agreeing to fight at UFC 205, the first card in NY?

Remember the situation surrounding UFC 205 was that even though it was going to be the first card in NY after MMA got legalized there, all NY fighters decided to boycott the card over dissatisfaction with pay. Specifically, all Weidman's teammates (Gian Villante, Raging Al) refused to fight.

Then in an emergency measure, Lorenzo Fertita flew Weidman out to his home in Vegas and Weidman basically got bling struck by Lorenzo's mansion, and instead of maintaining solidarity with his teammates, capitulated and agreed to fight on the card. In the end, he was the only NY fighter to fight on the first NY card.

Do you think that Weidman has had a guilty conscience ever since, and that is why he loses every time he fights at MSG and almost every time he fights in NY?

Last edited:
No he loses cuz got he got hit by an cuban missile and an brazilian alligator. aint no karma in the octagon

judges are clearly fixing his fights...

I have a theory why Chris Weidman keeps losing at MSG. Is it possible he keeps losing because he feels guilty for having backstabbed all his New York teammates by agreeing to fight at UFC 205, the first card in NY?

Remember the situation surrounding UFC 205 was that even though it was going to be the first card in NY after MMA got legalized there, all NY fighters decided to boycott the card over dissatisfaction with pay. Specifically, all Weidman's teammates (Gian Villante, Raging Al) refused to fight.

Then in an emergency measure, Lorenzo Fertita flew Weidman out to his home in Vegas and Weidman basically got bling struck by Lorenzo's mansion, and instead of maintaining solidarity with his teammates, capitulated and agreed to fight on the card. In the end, he was still the only NY fighter to fight on the first NY card.

Do you think that Weidman has had a guilty conscience ever since, and that is why he loses every time he fights at MSG and almost every time he fights in NY?

That's a crazy far-fetched theory even by Sherdog standards.

because it's there where he fights nowadays, if he was fighting in Beijing against Jacare he would lose there too

Weidman getting knocked out into oblivion infront if his family, friends and fans to prove a point confirmed.

He keeps losing because they keep putting him against the top contenders of the division..while he's on the decline.

His fights after he lost his title have been much harder opponents, ironically

He's losing cuz he's fighting top 5 guys while not being a top 5 guy himself anymore.

Yes, he chooses to get romero kneed each fight until that NY ghost stops haunting him

Interesting, I had never heard that story before. I don’t think you have time to worry about a guilty conscience when you’re in a fight and the fists start flying. Chris is just getting beat by better competition, and his chin is in decline.

That's a very interesting, yet outlandish theory, TS.

Personally I don't think it's that complex, he's just lost his edge.

He's going to lose 10 fights in a row on purpose to get in the head of and really surprise that 11th guy. Just wait, you'll see.

I’m supporting you alll the way to Long Island and back on this one. It’s clear: you walk into Lorenzo’s house, your karma is fucked.

wVO9SrX.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back