Conor's shortest way to Khabib rematch and brand restoration is through GSP

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP is only looking to accept 2 fights = Khabib (to become MMA's first 3 divisional champion) or Conor (for the biggest payday of his life).

UFC will be less reluctant to give him Khabib fight since he'll just run off with another title if he wins.

However there's not much to lose in Conor getting his ass kicked in front of millions of people for the 4th time in his UFC career.

The contest between 2 champ-champs might break 2M PPV buys.

What Conor has to gain:
  • Another $50 million pay-day
  • A shortcut to another titleshot against Khabib
  • The opportunity to prove that he is capable of handling a bigger, stronger high-level wrestler
What GSP has to gain:
  • A $30-50 million pay-day
  • A great feeler fight for 155 lbs
Thoughts?

I'd favor Conor btw.

GSP would embarrass Conor. It would be one sided until GSP RNC'ed him.

If TheRematch isn’t happening then this is my second pick for Conor. I would have been against Conor vs Gsp had Conor beaten Khabib but now that there is no title, I’m all for it.

Beating Ferguson is his quickest way to another title shot (provided they just don't grant it to him anyway... I mean this is the UFC we're talking about.) And Tony is a far easier fight for Conor than GSP is. They are not gonna book a superfight with George as merely a "gateway" to a rematch with Khabib.

Conor would be a good cherry-picked fight for GSP. Tyron Woodley would, of course, be his "legacy fight"

God if you are going to troll at least make it funny like "GSP would be too drained for Conor at 155" or "Conor is more motivated than ever" heck even the classic "GSP struggled with washed up Bisping so he maybe is out of his prime for Conor"

hahaha, thinking mcgregor has a chance against GSP. oh, if it's 155 it might be a different story. as in, he could at least have a chance due to the cut

GSP will wrestle Mcg to a decision. while not as a true beating GSP is way smart to actually let Mcg dictate the pace. I see GSP jabbing Mcg and take him down easy to a decision or a late sub.

Getting tooled by GSP is his shortcut to brand restoration?

GSP is not young and that cut may be brutal.
Conor will spend the entire fight on his back getting molested before being finished.

I like Conor but cmon man, GSP is one of the worst matchups for Conor.

Surely even the most diehard nuthuggers would tire of seeing mcgregor embarrassed again. Gsp would grind him out with ease. Not a smart fight at all for Conor.

Last edited:
It would be equal to watching a father beating his son or a grown man beating a kid. An absolute mismatch

GSP would decimate Conor worse than Khabib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back