Winner Take All in UFC just like the OG Gracie Challenge

Milton_Gracie

Platinum Card
Banned
Reaction score
These posts about Conner’s money keep popping up every where. Not sure when it started, but I remember nobody paid attention to how much more money one guy made vs his opponent.

Back in the day, the Gracie’s had their winner take all challenge. If you thought you could beat them, all you had to do was come up with $100,000. They would match it and put up their own $100k and then it was winner take all.

Should the UFC implement something like this since money has now become a hot topic of discussion and interest among some of the fans/ppv customers?

What planet are you living on, people have been talking about fighter pay for fucking ever.

No.
On so many levels no.

I wouldn't be opposed to there only being one split. IE winner gets X and loser gets Y, not a separate split for each fighter. However, I am not for anything that means a fighter doesn't get compensated for competing. That's insane. The majority of these guys are not fairly compensated as is. The last thing we need is to make that worse.

This is their career. The UFC is worth billions because of the fighters. They deserve a fair share.

No.
On so many levels no.

I wouldn't be opposed to there only being one split. IE winner gets X and loser gets Y, not a separate split for each fighter. However, I am not for anything that means a fighter doesn't get compensated for competing. That's insane. The majority of these guys are not fairly compensated as is. The last thing we need is to make that worse.

This is their career. The UFC is worth billions because of the fighters. They deserve a fair share.

It would be more like in the Main Events, the fighters get their salaries, but winner gets the PPV pot.

Something like that.

People use pay stubs as arguments. This would make these arguments valid in discussions and could potentially up the stakes and excitement of the matches.

Bud likes your idea.

101118-terrence-crawford-primary-1200x630.jpeg

"Put yo purse on it, bitch!"

The landscape has changed a great deal since the UFC's infancy. They are better athletes and martial artists now, yes, but they aren't fighters like the old guys were.

What planet are you living on, people have been talking about fighter pay for fucking ever.

Sorry if my message wasn’t clear.

What I am saying is that I have never seen people use a fighter’s pay in the context of being victorious despite defeat in the actual fight.

Back