Zaleski

dead joe

strawweight fan
@Orange
Reaction score
That's Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos.

The guy just got booked for a fight against Li Jingliang, which will be a ton of fun but doesn't make any sense to me. The guy is legit top 5 in my books, how come he keeps getting those Fight Pass prelims bouts ? It was already shocking last year, but a couple of finishes later it's just baffling.

At 31 and on a 6 fight winning streak in the UFC he should not have accepted to fight Li.

He's not top 5.
He wouldn't beat Woodley, Wonderboy, Colby, RDA, or Till.

I agree he should get a step up in competition though. Someone like Ponz or Cowboy would make a good fight.

If the UFC can't get him a ranked fighter then have him fight Matt Brown.

If the UFC can't get him a ranked fighter then have him fight Matt Brown.

Matt Brown is injured and Dos Santos isn't top 5.

Yes hes won a bunch of fights in a row but Li is clearly his toughest opponent. If he wins Magny would be a good test for him.

Matt Brown is injured and Dos Santos isn't top 5.

Yes hes won a bunch of fights in a row but Li is clearly his toughest opponent. If he wins Magny would be a good test for him.

Yes he is not top but but he is ranked 15.
He should not be fighting Li.
Brown has been out like a year so far.

He's not top 5.
He wouldn't beat Woodley, Wonderboy, Colby, RDA, or Till.

I agree he should get a step up in competition though. Someone like Ponz or Cowboy would make a good fight.

You're right, but he's just outside then. He's at least on the level of Magny, Ponzinibbio, Condit, both Cowboys. A lot of fighters have had an issue finding willing opponents in this division though, Usman and Ponzinibbio notoriously complained about it, maybe there's something to it.

Zaleski vs Masvidal would be great, but I guess Masvidal is one of the dudes not agreeing to fight anyone ranked lower, like the rest of the division.

You're right, but he's just outside then. He's at least on the level of Magny, Ponzinibbio, Condit, both Cowboys. A lot of fighters have had an issue finding willing opponents in this division though, Usman and Ponzinibbio notoriously complained about it, maybe there's something to it.

Zaleski vs Masvidal would be great, but I guess Masvidal is one of the dudes not agreeing to fight anyone ranked lower, like the rest of the division.
Precisely why I'd like tournaments and seasons to determine champions instead of matchmakers.

Precisely why I'd like tournaments and seasons to determine champions instead of matchmakers.

A tournament is full of flaws and doesn't determine who's the best, I mean what if all the best fighters start in the same bracket ? But it would be a breath of fresh air, I'm all for it.

Li is on a streak too so i guess let them take each other out

But the worst thing ufc did lately was letting poor Jalin Turner, a newbie fresh off contender series, get sacrificed to Vicente Luque

But the worst thing ufc did lately was letting poor Jalin Turner, a newbie fresh off contender series, get sacrificed to Vicente Luque

Man, Vicente Luque should have been fighting ranked guys for a while as well.

No highlight reel??

This guy is a monster, wow

He just lost....

ZDS getting the Neil Magny build up, which worked out for him.

The main's and co-main's will come, even if he deserves them already.

Would like to have seen him get a bigger fight and more exposure. He's good!

Masvidal is probably fighting Leon Edward's at Ufc 232. At least they've both been campaigning for that fight.

Ponzinibbio faced Gunnar, pulled out against RDA and is now facing Magny. Hes got multiple opportunities against top 15 fighters.

Usman did have a legit complaintbut hes boring AF

I still don't understand why they didn't start hyping him up, promoting him more, featuring is fights higher on the cards like 3highlightt reel KO's ago.

And they still don't?!?!?!

giphy.gif

Back