This Khabib vs. Floyd stuff has got to stop

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
If you would have told me a year ago that Khabib could potentially fight Mayweather in a boxing fight I would have laughed my ass off.

Now I am actually worried it could happen.

Khabib is not a striker, he is 100% a grappler. What makes his striking sometimes effective in MMA is due to the opponent having fear of the takedown. I would argue that Khabib's pure boxing fundamentals is below that of an amateur.

So why the hell would anyone want to see him in a pure boxing match against Mayweather? All it would do is diminish Khabib's undefeated aura. (Despite the combat happening in a different sport)

At least with McGregor, you could argue that he was an effective striker with decent boxing fundamentals... and look how that ended up.

Just because Khabib landed an overhand right which put McGregor on his ass does NOT mean he is a better striker let alone boxer. Is Chael a better straight up striker than Anderson?

And on the flip-side, I don't believe Floyd would ever be allowed to compete against someone of the likes of Khabib in a regulated MMA fight. Khabib's grappling so outclasses any techniques Floyd can possibly pick up that it would essentially be illegal.

nobody, literally nobody wants to see khabib box vs Floyd. so yeah, it will never happen because of that

If you would have told me a year ago that Khabib could potentially fight Mayweather in a boxing fight I would have laughed my ass off.

Now I am actually worried it could happen.

Khabib is not a striker, he is 100% a grappler. What makes his striking sometimes effective in MMA is due to the opponent having fear of the takedown. I would argue that Khabib's pure boxing fundamentals is below that of an amateur.

So why the hell would anyone want to see him in a pure boxing match against Mayweather? All it would do is diminish Khabib's undefeated aura. (Despite the combat happening in a different sport)

At least with McGregor, you could argue that he was an effective striker with decent boxing fundamentals... and look how that ended up.

Just because Khabib landed an overhand right which put McGregor on his ass does NOT mean he is a better striker let alone boxer. Is Chael a better straight up striker than Anderson?
<PlusJuan>

So how many 50-1 t-shirts should I put you down for TS?

The fight has no legs. Floyd is fighting Pacquiao next. Stop posting about it and let this story die off.

Khabib will be blessed by Allah

Allah will maul Floyd

Alhamdulilah

Watching Khabib box Mayweather would be hilarious. Mayweather would school him in boxing.

Ufc won’t do promote that fight. Literally will not happen. Khabib has no stardom - relative to what Conor has/had when he fought Floyd. There isn’t an interesting narrative for that build up. Conor was killing dude with sexy range fighting. There was at least a small plausibility that Conor could be effective. Khabib? None. It doesn’t matter what floyd says, or khabib says, or the fans say, ufc won’t do that nonsense again if they aren’t making Conor money.

Styles make fights - Khabib was a good counter to Mcgregor, but he isn't a very good counter to Mayweather. His boxing is pretty sloppy - it seems to be more of a cobbled-together street-fighting than a technical striking with setups and counters. I wouldn't say he's 100% a grappler, but his striking is contingent on his grappling. The only thing I think Khabib brings to the table that Mayweather isn't used to is his determination.

I don't think you have to be a world-class striker to beat Mayweather - you just have to be decent and lengthier. I think this is stylistically a bad matchup for Khabib.

This is a dumb fight to make. Though to be fair Floyd is pretty good at grappling.

Watching Khabib box Mayweather would be hilarious. Mayweather would school him in boxing.

It would be more of a fist fight with Khabib using only unconventional striking like the casting punch. This will throw off Floyd making it competitive. Boxing has not evolved in a long time and the new approach would give Floyd problems.

Ufc won’t do promote that fight. Literally will not happen. Khabib has no stardom - relative to what Conor has/had when he fought Floyd. There isn’t an interesting narrative for that build up. Conor was killing dude with sexy range fighting. There was at least a small plausibility that Conor could be effective. Khabib? None. It doesn’t matter what floyd says, or khabib says, or the fans say, ufc won’t do that nonsense again if they aren’t making Conor money.

The fact that TMZ is the one reporting it and pushing the story means UFC absolutely will be involved with it, they're the one's planting the story. TMZ and WME are in cahoots, and UFC has been using TMZ to push its stars for a while now.

Its just embarrassing when these MMA guys call out boxing champs

Styles make fights - Khabib was a good counter to Mcgregor, but he isn't a very good counter to Mayweather. His boxing is pretty sloppy - it seems to be more of a cobbled-together street-fighting than a technical striking with setups and counters. I wouldn't say he's 100% a grappler, but his striking is contingent on his grappling. The only thing I think Khabib brings to the table that Mayweather isn't used to is his determination.

I don't think you have to be a world-class striker to beat Mayweather - you just have to be decent and lengthier. I think this is stylistically a bad matchup for Khabib.
Mayweather has fought plenty of determined opponents. He just makes it look easy.

Last edited:
Mayweather just wants publicity. One day he's saying he wants to fight this guy then the next day no I'm fighting this guy.

It would be more of a fist fight with Khabib using only unconventional striking like the casting punch. This will throw off Floyd making it competitive. Boxing has not evolved in a long time and the new approach would give Floyd problems.
{<jordan}

Ronda vs Khabib in MMA would be more competitive than Beeb vs May in boxing. Atleast Conor did not totally embarrass MMA, but Khabib would just do horrible.

Back